Countering bush wookies Like Kicking Mustang?

AirsoftNewb

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Skara said:

They can't plink at you from 10 metres with their rifles if you catch them by surprise

This is a Flicking Bustard thread.

2 hours ago, Impulse said:

fieldcraft [...] camo and concealment until

Staying very still.

Point taken that if you don't move then you'll be nailed down eventually, but I'd emphasise the other points that most airsofters are lemmings and will queue up to be shot in the same place in the same way, over and over again.  And in the unlikely event that two or three of them do actually talk to each other and coordinate to find you, then you're tying up two or three players.

Back when I used to watch sniper videos, I noticed that most of Spliffing Duster's video start with him already set up and the opposition coming to him (because he goes out and does that before the game starts), while Novritsch does a lot more of sprinting from a spawn to reach a good position, and pushing.

I'm quite serious that the secret to spotting the former players is to play with the same degree of sportsmanship they do.  I'm not advocating it, just pointing it out.

When caught spying simply say "I misinterpreted the rules ...

• Supporters

Can't actually say I've ever seen an airsoft cam vid that's been worth watching, but it's definitely true that the "victims" in the sniper vids are usually milling around like extras in the walking dead, or if you've ever played a crap video game where you snipe an ai character, & all his buddies mill around him with zero realisation of what just happened, even when more start dropping lol.

• Supporters

^

Anyone can wear a ghillie if they want, having a bolty is not mandatory.

49 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Can't actually say I've ever seen an airsoft cam vid that's been worth watching, but it's definitely true that the "victims" in the sniper vids are usually milling around like extras in the walking dead, or if you've ever played a crap video game where you snipe an ai character, & all his buddies mill around him with zero realisation of what just happened, even when more start dropping lol.

Like arma 3 in the only playable difficulty level.

Seriously, that game has only derp mode, and supermegaelite180noscopeyouat300000mwithanironsightedakmshocktrooper mode

• Supporters
11 hours ago, AirsoftNewb said:

Why do they give the bush wookies 500fps, plus the powers of invisibility. It seems like these players are looking for an unfair advantage. Plus they are going for head shots. 

If you're basing this off of watching WuTube sniper videos, they're heavily edited.  At the risk of it all Kicking Mustang off again, some of them take deliberate face shots to generate clickbait, go out of bounds, set up before the game, ignore MEDs, don't call their own hits, and add fake hit markers to big up their 1337 5k33lz and generate even more drama.

It's not common though, eventually it leads to site inviting them to not come back, and sniping isn't as generally effective as they make it out to be, not at most sites on most days.  You can have a great day when you find the perfect spot against the perfect cluster of victims, or you can get overrun and pasted in short order.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the best way to find out the realities of airsoft is to go and play it.

11 hours ago, AirsoftNewb said:

Why do they give the bush wookies 500fps, plus the powers of invisibility. It seems like these players are looking for an unfair advantage. Plus they are going for head shots. 

All of the experienced bush wookiees at my local site are opting for 1J guns instead. The other two are using Wolverine MTWs and I'm putting a Polarstar F2 in my m14 once I've cleared my debts; with hop ups the way they are these days, 2.3J just isn't as worth it as it used to be.

Also, not all bush wookiees go for headshots. And not all people who go for headshots are bush wookiees. Dicks come in all shapes and sizes (hurhurhur)

4 minutes ago, Impulse said:

with hop ups the way they are these days, 2.3J just isn't as worth it as it used to be.

Even at 1J the difference is noticeable.

I can comfortably snipe people even with my AEGs, but they can't retaliate because they have 10/15m less range.

Made gameplay more stagnant though

If you're peeking out from behind cover then often the head is the only target available 

34 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the best way to find out the realities of airsoft is to go and play it.

This. 

• Supporters
On 20/07/2021 at 09:53, Cannonfodder said:

If you're peeking out from behind cover then often the head is the only target available

Indeed, but that doesnt mean shooting for the head when you have a full silhouette presented isnt a dick move.

Myself and @GAMBLE  hunt them down pretty efficiently, which tend to end with either a pistol kill or tomahawk kill. Good fun for us and let’s the rest of the team focus on the task at hand.

I just shoot every sniper I see unless they are plainly engaging the opposite team. The allowance of wearing marker bands on their ankles makes  identifying them impossible so if in doubt shoot them and if they’re on your team then medic them back in.

1 hour ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

I just shoot every sniper I see unless they are plainly engaging the opposite team. The allowance of wearing marker bands on their ankles makes  identifying them impossible so if in doubt shoot them and if they’re on your team then medic them back in.

I can't speak for all bush wookiees, but myself and none of the ones I interact with at my local site mind that too much. It's a bit of a joke, actually, since we usually get shot by our own team more than the enemy. It's frustrating when it happens, but we accept it's part of the job and will usually just hide from our own team as well 🤣

The last game I played I was able to sneak right up to the opposing team by getting on the deck and leopard crawling between bushes and other bits of cover. I was only rumbled after I opened fire and took some of their team out.

I was wearing your bog standard MTP cammo and was moving at a slow but steady rate as to try and not to draw attention to me. They were probably distracted by my team mates, but I was suprised at just how close I was able to get without being detected.

34 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

The last game I played I was able to sneak right up to the opposing team by getting on the deck and leopard crawling between bushes and other bits of cover. I was only rumbled after I opened fire and took some of their team out.

I was wearing your bog standard MTP cammo and was moving at a slow but steady rate as to try and not to draw attention to me. They were probably distracted by my team mates, but I was suprised at just how close I was able to get without being detected.

It still amazes me. At the moment I've ditched the ghillie and most of the summer I show up in a short sleeved OD t-shirt and m81 trousers, yet it's still relatively easy to sneak behind the enemy team or get into firing positions undetected by just staying low and moving slowly. Also, it's fantastic practice as when winter rolls around and I put the ghillie back on, I become super-invisible, because I'm used to having to do the same in a t-shirt 😇

For this reason, I always advise people to play the role and practice these stealth aspects of gameplay before shelling out on a ghillie; you come out way better at using the ghillie suit than anyone who just bought it and then relies on it as a crutch rather than a tool to merely supplement their already solid foundation in concealment.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.