Sr25 issues again

Pewpewpetie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi again having issues with my sr25. Basically it's locked to semi and I'd I do a slow trigger pull it will double fire, if I'm quick with the trigger (mechanical) it shoots fine. I feel that the trigger shuttle is engaging the contacts to soon before the cut off lever kicks it off, causing the connection to remain for too long. I'd this the case ? Any way to rectify it?

Ye that sounds like cut off lever issues. Happens on my v3 gearbox atm too. It may be that it's worn down from use and doesnt have enough strength to pull back that trigger trolley when partially engaged.

The easiest solution imo is a mosfet like a gate titan that optically detects the gear movement and forces it to stop at the same place every time. 

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

The easiest solution imo is a mosfet like a gate titan

That would certainly solve the cut-off lever issue.

b04de9cbd58ae3755723ca1ba362e77ec4a18f43.gifv

I got a gate Titan in my cyma SR25, so if you need a replacement mosfet and wiring loom, you can have mine.

id recomend perun v2 hybrid mosfet over the titan for the dmr build same functions half the price just not got the connectivity of the titan

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Misery said:

id recomend perun v2 hybrid mosfet over the titan for the dmr build same functions half the price just not got the connectivity of the titan

I'd go for a Gate Aster Basic. Does all the DMR stuff (precocking, electronic lock to semi etc) that you'd need plus the connectivity and it's cheaper than the Titan. I have one in my MK12.

same reason recomended the perun bud as its like £65 so half price of a titan pretty much

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Misery said:

same reason recomended the perun bud as its like £65 so half price of a titan pretty much

I just don't like the whole flicky trigger programming thing. I have the USB link for my various Gates and it's so much simpler! Granted it's an extra cost but you only need one then you're sorted.

6 hours ago, Lozart said:

I just don't like the whole flicky trigger programming thing. I have the USB link for my various Gates and it's so much simpler! Granted it's an extra cost but you only need one then you're sorted.

haha yeah some do some dont,yeah but near £65- 75 extra just to have usb conectivity but same features is a tad much for me

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Misery said:

haha yeah some do some dont,yeah but near £65- 75 extra just to have usb conectivity but same features is a tad much for me

The USB Link is only £25, the Gate Aster and Perun Hybrid are around the same price as each other, I'm not sure where the £65-75 extra is coming from?

for same features as the perun v2 hybrid u need to get the advance titan my basis is against the titan not the aster as have no experience with them ones soz :)

Edited by Misery

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Misery said:

for same features as the perun v2 hybrid u need to get the advance titan my basis is against the titan not the aster as have no experience with them ones soz :)

Gotcha. The Aster Basic has precocking and fire mode control as standard although they're not AS advanced as the Titan, you can however get more fancy stuff by upgrading the firmware.

Edition comparison

yeah but how much is the standard aster bud? then upgrade ontop where as out the box 65-70 for same featuresas a titan advance just the annoying slector switch to change settings

32 minutes ago, Misery said:

yeah but how much is the standard aster bud? then upgrade ontop where as out the box 65-70 for same featuresas a titan advance just the annoying slector switch to change settings

It might just only be me, but I think a gate Titan is worth it, as I do like to mess about with my setups on both my Sr25 and NGRS Scar. But that is just my thoughts.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Misery said:

Basic Aster is about £62 depending on who you buy from. Same as a Perun V2 Hybrid.

If you NEED all the features of Titan with the Advanced firmware then yes, it's expensive. If you need the features required for controlling a DMR (precocking, trigger travel, electronic lock to semi, ROF control, Active Braking) then you don't need the same feature set, these all come as standard on the Aster Basic which also has the advantage that if you have the USB link or the Blu Link then you can program it from your phone instead of dicking about with switches and the trigger (you can of course still program the Aster from the trigger anyway). It also give you much clearer diagnostics if you start getting issues with your optical sensors or the motor.

Ultimately it's down to personal preference but the options AREN'T just Perun Hybrid or a full blown Titan.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.