Aap-01

Pewpewpetie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all recently acquired an aap-01 which has been dmr'd (so to speak, locked to semi shooting 410fps on 0.2g) problem is, is where the front rail system attaches to the outer barrel( locks on with screws and bites down on outer barrel) there is movement with little force as the outer barrel is polymer. When pulling tight into shoulder it will cause the front end to move slightly causing inconsistent accuracy

16264642371383752281832043424602.jpg

16264642615161366861256030390316.jpg

Is there any way to stabilize this?

20 minutes ago, Pewpewpetie said:

Hi all recently acquired an aap-01 which has been dmr'd (so to speak, locked to semi shooting 410fps on 0.2g) problem is, is where the front rail system attaches to the outer barrel( locks on with screws and bites down on outer barrel) there is movement with little force as the outer barrel is polymer. When pulling tight into shoulder it will cause the front end to move slightly causing inconsistent accuracy

16264642371383752281832043424602.jpg

16264642615161366861256030390316.jpg

Is there any way to stabilize this?

I think you are up against it fella.

It looks a bit flimsy to be honest. 

In my mind a pistol is a pistol and a rifle is a rifle.

Just my opinion though.

Maybe you could beef it up with extra tubing on the outer barrel of the aap? 🤔 

Regards 

24 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I think you are up against it fella.

It looks a bit flimsy to be honest. 

In my mind a pistol is a pistol and a rifle is a rifle.

Just my opinion though.

Maybe you could beef it up with extra tubing on the outer barrel of the aap? 🤔 

Regards 

Can't do that as there is a separate ring inside the handguard that goes first, wasn't sure if there was a metal outer barrel available

• Supporters

Yeah, it's a plastic outer barrel held by three tiny screws to a plastic frame. It's not suitable to hold a whole frontend. These kinds of frontends should be free float, as on M4s. Maybe try to build a rigid frame by connecting the top rails of the stock and the frontend with a very long metal rail riser.

16 hours ago, Samurai said:

Yeah, it's a plastic outer barrel held by three tiny screws to a plastic frame. It's not suitable to hold a whole frontend. These kinds of frontends should be free float, as on M4s. Maybe try to build a rigid frame by connecting the top rails of the stock and the frontend with a very long metal rail riser.

Now this sounds like it will work. Also I do alot of aeg tech work and new to gbb, is there a way to reduce fps as it's shooting between 470/500fps on 0.2g since I installed the maple leaf

HPA the bad boy then you can tune the FPS to suit your liking!! I've tapped my drum mag for that exact reason!!

Edited by leadly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.