Riot Shield.

AirsoftNewb

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't think you will need one.

Airsofters are generally quite well behaved 😉

As said riot shields are site specific and often game specific with very set rules for use. I have never played a site where players could use their own shield.

Edited by BigStew

been planning on making one for a  while( iv made several fantasy shields) current plan is a to make it from recycled pallet wood and glue and staple together and bound with linen soaked in more glue and make to look like its made from a chopped up oil barrel, with a way to rod it up as well as carrying strap  so can be tied on back etc. likely never use it even if taken out more something to look class in a post apoc game. 

ive heard various rules regarding them in games from only use if supplied by site for certain games. other times only for use with single handed weapons(ie pistols) or no full auto. potentially no using guns on the move. so in other words check with the site you intend to play at.

from the few times' iv seen them in play many dont know how to use them. the best ive seen recently was a 3 man team using it to quickly push into objective. usually a solo person is ignored til someone can pop shots at feet or from the side. personally id go for the im a knob ill get at yas badmouthing to distract the enemy team to focusing on me so they ignore my teammates allowing them to sneek up unmolestedly... may need a second linen coat to protect from that fire... 

We have a shield that has been used for a couple of events, and for safety with our sentry gun

However on the safety side it’s much better for a Marshall to dive right in while another flicks the kill switch - if a Marshall is worried about being overshot then they shouldn’t be Marshalling and also are getting in the way

(happily we never had an incident where we needed to act to stop someone constantly being shot whilst injured etc)

For gameplay shields should only be used in limited situations and as above the player using it will be restricted - even if that’s just the physical restriction of one hand holding the shield and one holding a pistol etc 

that or weigh a lot. light thin strong shields (ie tin) that has few drawbacks where as a good ballistic shield should weigh enough to be a drawback in itself. juggernaut without the drawbacks aint right...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.