50lb Two Tone Air Gun. Any Ideas?

AirsoftNewb

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New to the sport. 

I have a gorilla suit, that I will use. I have a bicycle helmet. A back pack. Some hiking boots. Gloves. 

Safety glasses I have some shop ones. I can tie elastic onto. 

I intend going low budget. Then buy some real gear if I like the sport. 

More into the social bbq stuff.

need some ideas from the experts. I only see spring airsoft cheap. 

I will pay for co2

Hi @AirsoftNewb👋

Low budget or not make sure the elastic you tie onto your glasses is rated to an approved bs standard.

Enjoy the barby 🙂

Regards 

2 hours ago, AirsoftNewb said:

New to the sport. 

I have a gorilla suit, that I will use. I have a bicycle helmet. A back pack. Some hiking boots. Gloves. 

I will pay for co2

This could be a great scenario for an airsoft game though. Do you have any friends who would also want to wear a gorilla suit while playing? 

You could do the whole 'Planet of the Apes' thing. 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
5 hours ago, AirsoftNewb said:

New to the sport. 

I will pay for co2

Slingshot will do you fine for now before looking at RIFs 👍

• Supporters

I'm fairly sure this is a wind up, but out of the goodness of my artificial heart, I'll repeat the suggestion to rent first, then only buy later.

It'll cost you £10 - £15 more on top of the cost of the BBs that you'll use, and for that you'll get a reasonably effective electric carbine (and support for it) rather than some market stall tat.  You'll also get some mesh eyepro that won't steam up like your DIY glasses almost certainly will.

You don't need a backpack, or a helmet.  You certainly don't need to dress up for attention, although folk do (ahem).  But they're generally people who've played and know what to expect, rather than bringing expectations into it that aren't to do with the core process of shooting and being hit by bits of plastic.

I'd do that first, then decide if you want to start monkeying around.

On 15/07/2021 at 16:31, Diemaco said:

This could be a great scenario for an airsoft game though. Do you have any friends who would also want to wear a gorilla suit while playing? 

You could do the whole 'Planet of the Apes' thing. 

I am up for a fun thing like that. We could go pro it and put it on the internet it would be hillarious. 

My costume is like gorilla suit low budget. But it will still be effective. 

I am up for a bit of film making. 

IMG_8864.JPG

On 15/07/2021 at 05:22, AirsoftNewb said:

I have a gorilla suit, 

Have you been promoting children's literacy I'm Redbridge? 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/library-apologises-after-dildo-wearing-24528729

• Supporters
10 hours ago, AirsoftNewb said:

Roger, I dressed up at a Renaissance fair and did sword and axe fighting. I can handle Airsofts with peoples getting around trying to be number 1 Alpha with their expensive camos and guns.

That's a decent background, I used to do steel reenactment, and have made quite a few frocks.  My point is that we often get people dropping by with huge and detailed plans about how they're going to play airsoft that never get beyond the planning stage.  While dress-up is fun, playing in an almost literal bush-wookie suit is the last thing I'd do: you'd be sweating and steaming up enough wearing a mankini in summer, particularly on your first day.

You'll probably be good if you've done any sort of combat sport and don't mind a very minor ouchie or two, but I'd again re-iterate that renting for at least one game is the cheapest and fastest option to find out if you'll actually enjoy it.  The £10-£15 on top of the green fees and what you'd pay for BBs anyway is less than you'll lose on any two tone, and you'll be fairly competitive with a rental AEG, (as long as the barrel is clean and the hop is set correctly, and folk on site will be happy to help with those).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.