Gbls das Gdr 15 Skirmish Review

mightyjebus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 16/08/2021 at 22:57, rocketdogbert said:

Yes, you need to ensure the channel will take the GBLS follower, then the bolt stop will still work, as it works exactly like a gbb mag

It doesn’t sound all that tricky to pull off. But one might buy a few mags before finding one that is compatible with the larger follower. I guess that KWA ERGS 120 mags should work. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@mightyjebusyou still rocking with it?  What is the long term feedback

Did anyone get off the shelf 120 mags to work 

Is there any point in this being a DMR rather than going for a 500fps sniper and just use as 340fps ish?

what is the maximum effective range possible on this?

I personally love it, tried in the shop but since I’m starting I’ve got the T10 atm 

8 hours ago, Halo said:

@mightyjebusyou still rocking with it?  What is the long term feedback

yup, I carry 2 guns to a skirmish currently. One is the DAS and the other is the TM MP5 NGRS. The DAS hasn't missed a beat and I still love the recoil every time I use it.

Only negative is filling the mags is a pain in the arse as they are a bit tough on speedloaders.

Making it a DMR is possible but you'd probably be doing a lot of trail and error yourself to get the best results as it has a small owner footprint so the knowledge base is limited.

15 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

yup, I carry 2 guns to a skirmish currently. One is the DAS and the other is the TM MP5 NGRS. The DAS hasn't missed a beat and I still love the recoil every time I use it.

Only negative is filling the mags is a pain in the arse as they are a bit tough on speedloaders.

Making it a DMR is possible but you'd probably be doing a lot of trail and error yourself to get the best results as it has a small owner footprint so the knowledge base is limited.

My local tech chap is minutes away from me and he’s in a team of DAS owners.  Feedback I’ve had is the stock DAS was the best performance they could get and upgrades actually decreased performance in their tests.  Also they can hit targets at 88m, on stock at 350.  When I consult the charts it does advise 55m (.36s) so if that’s the case then theres something amazing going on.

DAS is dividing opinions it seems, I’d very much like to watch a demo on the range capabilities for myself but doubt that’s possible. 

if say, on stock I could get 80m then I’d buy one in a heartbeat as I know buying a sniper so early on would be a futile move and wouldn’t be the ideal backup gun

if the range is marginally better so say 60m against my 55m then that’s a big spend for that performance but some would still buy the DAS (inc myself) for the realism, 500 rnds is nice but 60rnd of proper rnds would payback way more smiles, I grin just with my T10 even….

So to buy a GBBR and have to pump in hundreds to get close to a DAS spec, not sure if that’s the best way, on paper might save a few quid but still, stock DAS sounds class already 

Edited by Halo

15 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

That MP5 looks fun, did you mod yours?  Also who did you have to bribe to get hold of one??  Sold out everywhere by looks, luckily I’ve managed to snag a gateway mp5k but would love a recoil variant!

Perfect setup right there, keeping it real!

• 2 months later...

@Halo

I have the DAS with the weakest spring (m90) and it shoots around 55 - 60 m with 0.28 - 0.32. The DAS is really a niche rifle that plays into the market between the TM MWS and NGRS series, in terms of its function. I have really only played with GBBRS the past 10 years but managed to pick up a GBLS for a very fair price from a kind seller. Since then, I have sold my GBBRS even the MWS is now being sold as the GBLS really caters to what I want from an airsoft rifle for skirmishing

# realistic manipulation ( this is true fro the GBLS except for the first heavy cocking of the spring, which can somehow be improved with a lighter spring )

# acceptable modularity 

# reliable / solid 

# lightweight mags that you can drop on the ground over and over again (although I don't think I'd do it on concrete / asphalt standing up)

# customer support ( Ross is doing an outstanding job helping me with all kinds of questions over email )

In other words this is not a rifle that is top of the line in terms of its performance but simply does a lot of things as a hybrid of sorts. This comes with a major caveat: the price. I could never afford a new one. 

• 6 months later...

I suppose it's time for an update on the GBLS. Well the AEG is still running solid and still turns heads when shooting in full auto during a game.

I bought 8 of the new PTS EPM 30/120 round GBLS magazines and the good news is the bolt lock works fine on the new version. I had to give 4 of them a good strip down and spray with silicon oil as they didn't want to feed but since the maintenance 3 of the 4 work fine. The last one actually has a damaged feed lip (weirdly at the front, not the top part where the BB exits). 

I've emailed PTS to see if they sell the feed lips as it looks to be an easy piece to replace but failing that I'll design a 3D printable version instead of buying another magazine.

it's very much a niche AEG because of the price but everyone who tries mine always has a smile on their face. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.