Gbls das Gdr 15 Skirmish Review

mightyjebus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

interesting review, if you are in the mood for pulling apart then some pics would be lovely, although granted the whole point of a gun like that is to not have to pull it apart.

it's a fair point you make on the price, it always seems easier to stomach the bills when they come in smaller chunks rather than dropping it all at once on a pew, even if it ends up the same once you're done.

Buddy of mine has run a few, he currently has the only fully traded marked 416 DAS out there.

I agree, they are superb rifles, and they seem to be ironing out the premature wear problems they had to start without.

BUT It’s an AR platform , and for that reason I’m  out. I just don’t like them. Oh well

Never considered it before but I actually am now after seeing some reviews and shooting tests. They sound good in videos. 

Wonder if you can dmr it as I'd like to take it that route. 

And im guessing you can fire it like a spring gun if all goes wrong? 

Edited by AK47frizzle

The only way to lock it to semi would be to mechanically lock the selector which is doeable but means drilling and tapping the lower receiver for a grub screw. It does fire like a spring gun when you cock the AEG without a battery connected. reminds me of my KSC HK33 in some respects.

2 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

The only way to lock it to semi would be to mechanically lock the selector which is doeable but means drilling and tapping the lower receiver for a grub screw. It does fire like a spring gun when you cock the AEG without a battery connected. reminds me of my KSC HK33 in some respects.

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/uhc-ak74-su-hybrid-dual-system-aeg-bb-gun-rifle-in-clear.html

Reminded me of this when I first saw this thread

Downsides? 
hoopty engraving on the left side, making certain mods look unrealistic? Also does the pistol grip/ motor limit you for choice like a ptw?

also I presume you are limited my choice of ‘battery’ stocks. 
starts getting unrealistic when you look a bit closer I think.   My ghks And WE rifs any day….

Edited by Sboardley

the skeleton kit doesn't have the trades and the pistol grip is AEG spec so you can use any AEG pistol grip. Stock choice is the same as a NGRS so if you can fit a 11.1v in it then it will work.

I was going to comment on the fact that some people are going to swear by GBB's and forgetting the reason they bought a GBB was that no AEG had a decent recoil but then I noticed you mentioned WE and I came to the conclusion you are just clickbaiting as the 4 WE GBB's I have here a testiment that they are the worst airsoft guns out there.

On 12/07/2021 at 14:54, mightyjebus said:

From what I hear the gearbox case has a threaded hole for this purpose, you just need the correct spec grub screw.

Mine just hit the 15k rounds mark with 0 issues and was bought off here second hand. I use it when I don't fancy lugging GBBR mags and accoutrements around all day. As far as recoil go's its a bit weird as its more on the forward stroke than into the shoulder but am probably spoilt with the feel of a GHK running direct fill Co2. Talk of GBLS bringing out a Pistol as well as a new rev to the mechbox so if it was me looking to buy one and I could hold off I would wait till this time next year for the new build.

No issues with grip changes and the coof got the better of me so had it in bits to do a bit of waterproofing on the electronics and is no harder disassembly wise than its TM counter parts. 

Thanks for the write up and review mightyjebus was a good read.

Obligatory bad photo   

zparts.jpg

7 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

No issues with grip changes and the coof got the better of me so had it in bits to do a bit of waterproofing on the electronics and is no harder disassembly wise than its TM counter parts. 

What did you do for waterproofing? I heard the electronics themselves are already waterproofed and it's not what causes issues in the wet anyway.

On 17/07/2021 at 16:52, mightyjebus said:

the skeleton kit doesn't have the trades and the pistol grip is AEG spec so you can use any AEG pistol grip. Stock choice is the same as a NGRS so if you can fit a 11.1v in it then it will work.

I was going to comment on the fact that some people are going to swear by GBB's and forgetting the reason they bought a GBB was that no AEG had a decent recoil but then I noticed you mentioned WE and I came to the conclusion you are just clickbaiting as the 4 WE GBB's I have here a testiment that they are the worst airsoft guns out there.

Absolute nonsense. So you ignored the ghk part and focused on the We?  WE m4 are probably the most customisable and modifiable out there. I have ghk akm and ghk m4 as well as a WE m4 variant and While ghk are good rifs they are both off spec and the m4 recoil is like a pussy cat compared to the stock we buffer and spring. 
also if they are that dire, why you got 4 ? Duhhhh. 
But Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by Sboardley

17 minutes ago, Sboardley said:

Absolute nonsense. So you ignored the ghk part and focused on the We?  WE m4 are probably the most customisable and modifiable out there. I have ghk akm and ghk m4 as well as a WE m4 variant and While ghk are good rifs they are both off spec and the m4 recoil is like a pussy cat compared to the stock we buffer and spring. 
also if they are that dire, why you got 4 ? Duhhhh. 
But Thanks for sharing. 

But my dad’s bigger than your dad 🤣🤣🤣

25 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

But my dad’s bigger than your dad 🤣🤣🤣

Obviously not judging by your post being void of any substance. 
but again your “sharing “ so it’s a start. Eh?

Edited by Sboardley

45 minutes ago, Sboardley said:

Obviously not judging by your post being void of any substance. 
but again your “sharing “ so it’s a start. Eh?

That’s me, devoid of any substance, only shit posting and being negative about somebody’s thread 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

That’s me, devoid of any substance, only shit posting and being negative about somebody’s thread 🤣🤣🤣

Wasn’t aware that pointing out dodgy engraving, having to use outdated “battery”stocks was shit posting? I’ll take the pistol grip on the chin but this is the information highway innit?

may be go get to know your real dad before you offer him up?

20 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Hey steady on. Thats my job!! Lol

Regards 

Edited by Shamal

On 20/07/2021 at 08:52, tinkle60 said:

What did you do for waterproofing? I heard the electronics themselves are already waterproofed and it's not what causes issues in the wet anyway.

I took a glue gun and covered all the exposed solder on the micro switches and board. I have had issues that arise when using in the wet that thankfully solve themselves when its had time to dry out. Cage Airsoft brought out a new circuit that looks do have done the same, only used it a few times since but so far so good.

9 hours ago, Sboardley said:

Wasn’t aware that pointing out dodgy engraving, having to use outdated “battery”stocks was shit posting? I’ll take the pistol grip on the chin but this is the information highway innit?

may be go get to know your real dad before you offer him up?

Who was talking about you? 

On 23/07/2021 at 22:05, Chev Chelios said:

I took a glue gun and covered all the exposed solder on the micro switches and board. I have had issues that arise when using in the wet that thankfully solve themselves when its had time to dry out. Cage Airsoft brought out a new circuit that looks do have done the same, only used it a few times since but so far so good.

Don't suppose you took any pics etc of what you did? Nervous about mine getting wet! 

Edited by Emergencychimps

On 12/07/2021 at 14:54, mightyjebus said:

thats not correct,  you don’t have to drill the lower. It can be locked to semi with fitting of a grub screw in the gearbox. 
Having done a GBLS DMR for a customer it was as simple as the above grub screw and a M120 spring and it’s doing 400 FPS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.