Pts Radian Model 1 Double Feed/Jamming Issue

samcw

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As title suggests, getting a double feed/jamming issue. I read that a few people were having issues with the feed lips on the mags but these are pretty much brand new mags so I'm not so sure... bit of a 🐔 up from PTS if thats the case. 

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers,

S

I don't have any of the PTS/LM4 platform rifles, so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I understand this is caused by the mags being 'double-stacked' and the feed lips presenting 2 BBs. The nozzle is supposed to only strip the top BB off the lips, but instead manages to grab 2, causing fun times like you mentioned - more of a design flaw than anything caused by usage or bad QC. I'm also told that this is widespread across all KWA/PTS rifles including the Tavor and ACR/Masada, but is less prevalent in the plastic mags than the metal ones.

A company called Unifeed makes replacement lips and followers, which you can use instead of the PTS/KWA ones so that the mag only presents 1 BB to be picked up by the nozzle and hopefully preventing the doublefeed issue. Might be worth looking into them.

Left and Right are PTS/KWA magazines as they come out of the factory. Middle is with the Unifeed lips and follower installed.

39512513_2127272200928916_4110254702652817408_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-l03LLRR6JIAX_WKPtM&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&tp=7&oh=030705add580c46b8b55296cdbdcbd58&oe=60EFC396

Edited by PewPewLoki

No worries! Wish I could help more but I've never seen these for sale in the UK and I don't know if you can buy direct as it appears they use their FB page as their business website. If you have a Facebook account it might be worth messaging their page and reaching out to them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.