Cam870 Bolt Differences?

blek

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all I was hoping someone could confirm if there was any other differences between the MKII and MkIII bolts other then the fill port and hollow striker pin? I'm looking at a possible HPA conversion and was wondering if I could just change the MKIII striker pin for a MKII pin kit and continue to use the MKIII bolt body, or is the MKII bolt body sealed in some other way other then the orings and bushes?

Cheers.

The MK2 bolt is a pressure vessel and the MK3 is purely a striker for the MK3 shells which are the pressure vessel. Body is interchangable but the internals require modification to inter mix MK2 and MK3 parts 

9 hours ago, BigStew said:

The MK2 bolt is a pressure vessel and the MK3 is purely a striker for the MK3 shells which are the pressure vessel. Body is interchangable but the internals require modification to inter mix MK2 and MK3 parts 

Thanks mate this is the exact answer I was looking for. 

Looks like I'll have to buy a whole MK2 bolt for what I want to do then.

If you don't change the bolt plate you'll need to modify the charging arms. And a MK3 bolt plate will require some modding to fit the MK2 bolt 

On 11/07/2021 at 21:46, BigStew said:

If you don't change the bolt plate you'll need to modify the charging arms. And a MK3 bolt plate will require some modding to fit the MK2 bolt 

Thanks for the info. If I am able to get a MK2 bolt I'll just get the whole assembly including the plate. The issue is I'm in Australia and airsoft is banned here so we have Gelsoft which use 99% of the same parts, but it's the importing parts that's a nightmare as our boarder force will confiscate items claiming they're airsoft when it's infact for Gelsoft.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.