Futuristic Concept Airsoft Pistol

Salz007

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Futuristic Pistol Concept  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in something like this?

• YES
    • NO

Hi all,

Been working on a little project of mine and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this futuristic Hi-Capa type of pistol with an internal hammer and ambi controls. This is based off of many different pistols that I've combined together with the skeleton inspired from a video game pistol, "The Chaos/Apparition" in Cyberpunk 2077. Got a 3D block print of it done by a modeler (non functioning paperweight really)

Let me know your thoughts,

icm_fullxfull.311839196_3z3r8zaixgaook0g0ccw.jpg

icm_fullxfull.316090117_g69jbd8es2gckscssksg.jpg

3D1.jpg

3D2.jpg

Interesting for a movie type gun but looks quite impractical for actual use.  Why is the lower so big?  Does it have an integrated 'grenade' launcher?

Couple of aesthetic notes:

- Unclear how the slide works.

- The selector behind the trigger will make it very uncomfortable to hold.

- Its hard to see but the grip design should be inverted so its a bit thicker at the back and thinner at the front. (I would also add slight finger indents to the front)

I looks great, but more of a wall hanger than a skirmishable gun. The hi capa is the perfect skirmishable pistol and you seem to have taken away a lot of what makes it great to use in the mission to make it look better 

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, EDcase said:

i don't think it's actually a slide, looks more like a bolt mauser style? would make sense with the then fixed optic rail

24 minutes ago, EDcase said:

the scorpion evo selector was meant to be a lesson not a challenge.......

I think now matter what we say you should go for it. There aren't enough completely custom guns like this around so don't let strangers on the internet discourage you. Go for it, if it works, great, if it doesn't, learn from it. I want to try doing my own custom pistol like this, just need to find the right internals for it. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I think now matter what we say you should go for it. There aren't enough completely custom guns like this around so don't let strangers on the internet discourage you. Go for it, if it works, great, if it doesn't, learn from it. I want to try doing my own custom pistol like this, just need to find the right internals for it. 

Totally what he said , what your asking is the same as the “what gun should I get ?” question new players frequently ask . You’ll never get your definitive answer simply due to the the fact the responders have different likes and dislikes , one man’s perfect gun is another’s worst abomination on Earth ! Me personally my choice of guns is all about the form not the function I want to like the look of my guns and if it has poor function I’ll find a solution to improve it , where as other players don’t care what it looks like just as long as it has the highest power/shoots the fastest/has greatest distance of any gun on the game site . So ultimately just crack on and if it works ? It’s a case of  “huzzah I’m an airsoft genius !” and if it doesn’t ? Then it’s a case of “fuck , that wasn’t supposed to happen !” 
AND remember ‘opinions are like arse holes , everyone has one and there frequently full of shit !’😉

Live long and prosper .👍

5 hours ago, EDcase said:

Interesting for a movie type gun but looks quite impractical for actual use.  Why is the lower so big?  Does it have an integrated 'grenade' launcher?

Couple of aesthetic notes:

- Its hard to see but the grip design should be inverted so its a bit thicker at the back and thinner at the front. (I would also add slight finger indents to the front)

Thanks for responding everyone!

Yes the slide is as Adolf Hamster replied, a bolt style due to the fixed sights, with an internal hammer such that of the Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hamerless pistol.

That isn't a selector/safety behind the trigger but a fixed thumb rest, was trying to copy the Tanfoglio styled thumb rest to go along with the front facing gas pedal thumb rest (taken from Beretta 92X performance pistol) for a more proper grip that racers use. It had printed oddly and the placement is indeed uncomfortable but this is more of a placement and dimensional issue. Was seeing how it would look like. The selector is the mini mp5 styled one above the trigger under the back sight and in front of the bolt. Was trying to remove the grip & thumb safeties and replace them with a selector switch instead.

I would like a thinner grip for sure, the 3D modeler had printed it quite thick, thicker than a Beretta, which is not what I was going for. The original video game pistol did have finger grooves, was seeing what it looked like without. And the lower end is thick as a design aesthetic only which is from the base video game pistol. I had done another version without the big bulk (see below) before but haven't decided on keeping it or not, does look a bit odd...

Concept Future CyberPistol.png

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

Purely imho - the Colt style looks entirely like something that'd be made up for a Japanese cartoon where the animators have fused something super modern with something super old for a unique look, not a fan personally and I wouldn't say it fits the notion of futuristic pistol concept but an interesting aesthetic.

The lower shares some stuff in common with the Laugo Alien which is where I think pistols will go in future, so it makes a lot more sense to me in the context.  I'd prefer to see something different to what Wilson Combat does in terms of the grip and front strap texturing but that stuff is effective and doesn't exist yet in airsoft in fairness.

All personal taste I suppose. I love bullpups for example. Some think they are awkward, fugly, cursed contraptions. We've all got our tastes.

I always thought the Walther P99 looked pretty futuristic. Has that compact, angular, spacey vibe that would fit right in to a Pelican dropship Pilot's loadout...

• 2 months later...
On 04/10/2021 at 19:20, TheFull9 said:

Purely imho - the Colt style looks entirely like something that'd be made up for a Japanese cartoon where the animators have fused something super modern with something super old for a unique look, not a fan personally and I wouldn't say it fits the notion of futuristic pistol concept but an interesting aesthetic.

The lower shares some stuff in common with the Laugo Alien which is where I think pistols will go in future, so it makes a lot more sense to me in the context.  I'd prefer to see something different to what Wilson Combat does in terms of the grip and front strap texturing but that stuff is effective and doesn't exist yet in airsoft in fairness.

agree with you. I saw something like this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKg5L9X8Ty8 Moreover, if you figure it out, it absolutely does not matter how the weapon looks. pistols have a completely different functionality

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.