Tm Glock 18c Issue

GC76

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi - I have a 2nd Gen TM Glock 18c that is giving me a real headache, hoping someone here can help!

I purchased it from new and it worked fine as stock for a couple of years, more recently it has not fired or cycled consistently.

Basically the first 5-10 shots of a mag fail to fire full stop then after a few shots it starts to fire but doesn't fully cycle, eventually it fires semi auto.

So I :-

• Fully fill the stock TM mag with gas and bbs
  • The first few shots fail to fire and I have to hand cock to clear the chamber
  • After a few shots the gun starts to fire but doesn't fully cycle and I have to hand cock the gun
  • After around 10 shots it then fires consistently on semi without the need to cock the gun

Extra info :-

• I am using Nuprol 2.0 green gas
  • I have 2 mags both behave the same way
  • I have tested the 2 mags in another WE glock and they work 100% fine in that glock
  • After putting a full mag through the gun, if I immediately re-fill either mag with gas and ammo it will fire all the shots, even if I use a mag that hasn't been filled or fired recently
  • Then if I then leave the gun and the mag for 30 mins or so and fill both I see a repeat of the issue
  • I tried changing the hammer spring to a Gaurder advanced but that didn't fix it the gun behaved the same
  • I have stripped the gun and fully lubricated with silicone oil but no fix

Given the gun starts to fire fine after a number of shots I think the issue is with the gun and not the mags.  It is like the gun needs to "warm up", not the mag because I can use a mag that hasn't been fired recently in the gun after I have fired a full mag with a different mag and the gun fires fine.

Any TM glock experts on here who might be able to steer me in the right direction to fix this please?  Its driving me nuts!

Cheers

Gav

Edited by GC76

Can we have some pics of the gun, just for interest sake, as I’m not sure what a gen2 TM G18C is

Baring the hammer spring, are there any other modifications at all, anything?

What make are the mags? 

Thanks for replying.

No modifications no, just the hammer spring that I swapped out but the issues were there before I swapped over the spring.

The gun is a Tokyo Marui Glock 18c Gen 2

This pistol :- 

https://airsoftdirect.uk.com/brands/tokyo-marui-g-18c-gbb-pistol/

Cheers 

Ah ok it says version 2 on the box so that that was a bad link for me to post sorry. The mags are TM mags. One was stock with the gun the other is identical. 

I've also tried those mags in a WE27 glock and they work fine.

45 minutes ago, GC76 said:

Ah ok it says version 2 on the box so that that was a bad link for me to post sorry. The mags are TM mags. One was stock with the gun the other is identical. 

I've also tried those mags in a WE27 glock and they work fine.

Take some pics of the gun and the mag gas routers.

I’ve rebuilt dozens, never come across that issue, TM mags don’t normally work very well in other guns, whereas WE mags work well in TM’s.

Have you had it from new? If so, have you ever disassembled anything other than the hammer assembly

OK thanks man. I will take some pics and post them tomorrow.

I've had the gun from new and I've stripped the gun right down and cleaned everything. 

The glock 18c TM mags I have work great in my WE27 glock seems WE and TM glock parts  are very similar from what I read on the net.

It's a really odd issue can't work it out. I noticed earlier that the entire hammer unit assembly in my WE glock fits my TM glock so I'm going to swap that over tomorrow to see if that resolves the issue.  If it doesn't I think its either the slide or the nozzle. 

Also wondering maybe if I have over lubricated the gun, hence why it takes around 5 to 10 cycles to loosen up. 

Yeah, take some pics.

If you clean all the lube off, it will fire anyway, you don’t need lube on plastic to metal, and only a tiny drop in the hammer assembly 

You can’t swap the hammer assemblies between TM and WE, too many minor differences

Ok so this morning I swapped over the entire hammer unit assembly from my WE Glock 26 into the TM Glock 18c and the gun fires perfectly.  The WE G 26 no longer fires the TM assembly is not compatible.

So the issue must be something to do with the hammer assembly in the TM.  Given I have changed the spring out already to a gaurder advanced I am a little puzzled.  Any thoughts? 

I might just buy another WE hammer unit and put that back into my WE glock 26 and be done with it!

The slide looks like it’s metallic, is it just the dirt?

Obviously everything else looks standard TM, but slide looks dirty

I still don’t get the problem you’re having, I’ve never had an issue where the more I fire it, the better it gets.

Have you tried the TM on the low powered gas it’s designed for ?  It’s possible there is too much pressure in the mags for a TM

I am also super puzzled with this issue.  However it definitely goes away after I fire half a mag, then comes back if I leave the gun for a few hours.  I'm wondering if I have put too much lube on the gun or the hammer unit and once the gun fires a few cycles it helps free it up?

To answer your earlier question the slide is plastic however there are metal components inside it.  It has silicone lube on but I cleaned it before I applied the lube, so is probably the light reflecting off the lube that makes it look metallic.

Anyways I have fixed the issue by replacing the TM hammer unit with the WE hammer unit, seems like others did the same  if you check the description and reviews here https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/we-g18c-hammer-assembly.html

I'm going to buy a new one of these and put the old one back in my WE glock.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Sounds like a weird tolerance issue where the gun cooling down when firing is causing the metal to contract enough to cycle cleanly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.