Whole Game 'Sin Binned'

Cromulon1994

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Attended a game last night where they stopped the game and made everyone sit in the safezone because of a ROF issue with a couple of players, because they didn't know who it was.

Has anyone else dealt with this sort of bollocks?

It was the cherry on the cake of a poor evening.

3 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Attended a game last night where they stopped the game and made everyone sit in the safezone because of a ROF issue with a couple of players, because they didn't know who it was.

Has anyone else dealt with this sort of bollocks?

It was the cherry on the cake of a poor evening.

Sorry to hear that. Probably spoilt the flow of the game.

Is there a set rof ruling then?

Regards 

It's not a figure, it's just a marshal pulling the trigger and showing you.

Not that it bothered us, running gbbrs you can't spam a trigger with a total ammo count of 120.

It was purely the treating everyone like naughty schoolkids.

• Supporters

oh fuck no

if they can't find out who it is then they're not gonna find out by making everyone sit around for the whole game. it's nice they're trying to take stuff seriously but that is a fucking stupid way of going about it.

i'd be getting my money back and walking.

Sounds like a marshalling fail, not something you should punish paying customers for 🙄

I'm chasing them for a refund but they are denying any wrong doing.

Paid £20 for 20 minutes of airsoft.

If I'd have been running a hot gun or being a throbber then fair enough, but it was like being in primary school.

Or the army.

6 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

If I'd have been running a hot gun or being a throbber then fair enough, but it was like being in primary school.

Or the army.

That's sun bed rates!

I'm feeling that they could have found the 'fast' guns fairly quickly by getting every one to line up and fire a burst downrange until they heard the 'offending'gats?

I can imagine it must have taken the wind out of your sails.

Regards 

What I haven't really mentioned yet is the chrono marshal damaged my tanaka revolver-one of the rubber seats trying to eject a shell (pegasus system-no shells)

And rammed an aeg m4 magazine inside my ghk g5.

It's winding me up, massively. May have started melting down on facebook.

Though, I fixed it, can't prove he did so. But it wasn't damaged before. And luckily I had a spare, I have a few tanaka pegasus saa parts for emergencies.

I wasn't going to bring that up as, to be honest, it wasn't the end of the world. But if I hadn't have got a spare, then I would have had a very expensive paperweight.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Or the army.

20 minutes for £20?!??

Please tell me you're joking because i'm not entirely sure i beleive what i'm reading.

Fucking hell that is not remotely acceptable, how the hell did you even just walk away from that!? 

I'm not normally one to call for this sort of thing but naming and shaming seems to be the order of business here. save some fellow forumites the same misfortune.

Edit: seriously, tell me i'm being trolled right now, i would genuinely preferr being made the fool than beleive there's that level of incompetence in the world.

We left the bullshit early tbf, but there wasn't much time left anyway.

And they'd instigated a further break on top.

The lad I was with was raging.

I tried to engage with the manager, he walked off when we said we were going home, I was expecting a "why" or similar but no, just walked off.

They were all but one in their office as we left. 

The marshal outside having a fag was very receptive and apologetic, no issues with him if he reads this.

It was F&O The Mill.

Honestly, used to love the site, pre covid. But that last night goes straight in at number 1 of shit airsoft events.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

They were all but one in their office as we left. 

Called it.

This is SOP for too many sites: the owner and his chums flicking each others' beans in the office/shop, while the paying players wonder if any airsoft is actually going to break out.

He's decided we are in the wrong.

Said he doesn't believe the marshal did anything wrong with my guns.

Accused us of being late on an open forum(despite being there an hour early, one of the first in fact) and not pointing out who was to blame as I apparently knew. 

I didn't know I was there as a marshal.

Said I didn't try and engage when he was the one who walked off.

So, losing battle here. I paid via paypal and have stuck a claim in. Bollocks to em.

Wonder if I'll land an f&o ban.

• Supporters

Get on trip advisor and give them a shitty but honest review , I do find that gets there attention .

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I think i'm actually out of words.....

I do not have enough vernacular to comment properly......

have a sleep on it..   im sure you will dream up some new words by tomorrow

seriously..  this is a really shitty way to deal with an issue.

good luck with your paypal claim,  and if the site decides to ban you for being rightly angry at their poor handling of the incident AND their marshal damaging your guns, then they dont deserve your (or anyones) patronage

• Supporters

This is why I try not to get too emotionally attached to airsoft.  It's a hobby, not a business, and any site can go from fun to frakked in the course of a day.

What a shitshow.

Collective punishment is bullshit on literally every legal, and behavioural science level.   Apart from that it's old fashioned rude.  

9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Edit: seriously, tell me i'm being trolled right now, i would genuinely preferr being made the fool than beleive there's that level of incompetence in the world.

No, not being trolled. Which part are you struggling to believe?

The chrono marshal said he had to chrono the guns. Which is fine, when done by someone who is either experienced enough or slows down and asks how something works if not sure.

I passed him the G5 and put the SAA down on the side. You have to let them load the mags with their bbs.

He grabbed an m4 aeg mag and smacked it in.

You know when you look at something and wonder if that was just real? That happened. 

While I was unfucking that, as the mag didn't want to come out, he picked up my SAA, and immediately used the ejector to try and remove a shell. That's when the damage was done. You can nick the rubbers with the ejector as it's there to seat bbs into the rubbers only. Though it's not a design flaw, it's just misuse that damages them.

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

No, not being trolled. Which part are you struggling to believe?

that all that incompetence managed to happen at once.

especially the bit where they have the cheek to blame you for it.

10 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that all that incompetence managed to happen at once.

especially the bit where they have the cheek to blame you for it.

Given my experience at both of the sites I’ve been to which are run by them that’s probably the easiest part for me to understand.

Granted I can’t say I’d experienced anything to this extent, but if I was to sum up F&O in a nutshell it’d be something along the lines of ‘resting on their laurels’ and ‘got lazy’... seemingly that’s spreading to ‘outright daft’.

And that’s not to say I’m here celebrating a decline in quality, they have a decent number of sites up here so ruling out attending them at all is frustrating… but I’d hit a point where I’d show up expecting a poorly run day with 7 hour long self promoting safety briefs only to play the same games over and over none of which take advantage of the sites to their fullest.

Goes without saying that it sucks the OP had a shit time, only to be exacerbated by the response from F&O… but the moment I saw this topic I had a sneaking suspicion as to who/which site it was. And while not surprised in the slightest, I’m gutted I was right.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Given my experience at both of the sites I’ve been to which are run by them that’s probably the easiest part for me to understand.

Granted I can’t say I’d experienced anything to this extent, but if I was to sum up F&O in a nutshell it’d be something along the lines of ‘resting on their laurels’ and ‘got lazy’... seemingly that’s spreading to ‘outright daft’.

And that’s not to say I’m here celebrating a decline in quality, they have a decent number of sites up here so ruling out attending them at all is frustrating… but I’d hit a point where I’d show up expecting a poorly run day with 7 hour long self promoting safety briefs only to play the same games over and over none of which take advantage of the sites to their fullest.

Goes without saying that it sucks the OP had a shit time, only to be exacerbated by the response from F&O… but the moment I saw this topic I had a sneaking suspicion as to who/which site it was. And while not surprised in the slightest, I’m gutted I was right.

i think for me i'm used to sites being bad for the opposite end of the scale- not enough marshalling either due to marshalls who are too lazy, too young, or too ignorant of some basic principles (like how fps=/=joules) to manage games properly or at all. places where pretty much any and all forms of cheating go either undetected or unpunished (even when caught).

so i'm surprised to see that the opposite could end up being just as bad.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.