Tokyo Marui Saiga 12 GBBR Tri Shot Shotty Announced.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

16 hours ago, sp00n said:

I wonder if we will see it any time soon. 

I honestly though we would have had it before Christmas… and the ak storm (which was announced at the same time) is out already 😞

I can confirm now that it's definitely TM timing now....so probably some time this decade if we're lucky?

I was also hoping for a quick release, but i'm guessing that they have been selling out of stuff quicker than they forecast and they have a few development tweaks they're having to make with the G19/G17 which will be tying up resources too. plus materials shortages is definitely not helping anything either.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

I can confirm now that it's definitely TM timing now....so probably some time this decade if we're lucky?

I was also hoping for a quick release, but i'm guessing that they have been selling out of stuff quicker than they forecast and they have a few development tweaks they're having to make with the G19/G17 which will be tying up resources too. plus materials shortages is definitely not helping anything either.

I did late last night find an interview that was about TM 2022 release schedule…. It said end of April 🤷‍♂️… I’ll try and find it

We asked Mr. Yu Shimamura, a public relations officer of Tokyo Marui, about “Tokyo Marui in 2022”.

The times have caught up !? “Bolt motion air rifle VSR-ONE” starting from Mr. Shimamura’s idea

This time, first of all, Mr. Shimamura presented the “2022 launch schedule”. I want to summarize it before the interview. 

・ January-February 
“Next Generation Electric Gun URG-I 11.5 inch” 
“Air Revolver Pro SAA.45 5-1 / 2 inch Artillery” 
“Marui Tactical Dot Sight MTD PRO ・ SIGHT” 
・ Around March 
“Bolt Action Air Rifle VSR-ONE” 
・ Around April 
“Fixed slide compact carry fuel gun LCPII” body / holster 
“Fixed slide compact carry fuel gun for LCP collection / BODYGUARD 380 lengthy journal” 
“Gas blowback shotgun SAIGA-12K” 
“Tokyo Marui real lipo battery” 
・ After May 
“Fixed slide compact carry fuel gun CURVE” 
・ Release date undecided 
“Gas blowback P320” 

* The above is a schedule at the time of the interview, so it may change.”

2 hours ago, sp00n said:

Around April 
“Fixed slide compact carry fuel gun LCPII” body / holster 
“Fixed slide compact carry fuel gun for LCP collection / BODYGUARD 380 lengthy journal” 
“Gas blowback shotgun SAIGA-12K” 

That's good news ... So there is hope then!

It'll be an interesting shotgun to see  whenever it gets released.

• Supporters
On 28/03/2022 at 22:44, Crazy_Crystal said:

That's good news ... So there is hope then!

It'll be an interesting shotgun to see  whenever it gets released.

fingers crossed 🤞 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 16/07/2022 at 20:45, sp00n said:

In TM’s most recent YouTube video, at the end they apologised and said there was going to be a delay in releasing them 😞

You can see their announcement here. Google translated:

"Saiga-12K" was originally scheduled to be released in the fall of 2021, but due to a delay in development, it was changed to the spring of 2022.

Preparations for the main production were completed as planned, and the main production started in June 2022. It was expected that the release could be announced in June, but in mid-June, the quality control section during inspection discovered a problem related to the launch operation.

This bug can only occur when multiple conditions are met. It seems that the probability of occurrence is low, but since it is a problem related to the operation of launch, we decided that we should take certain measures even if the release is postponed. The condition of the symptom and the identification of the cause were found within a few days, and from June 23, we decided to try multiple possible repair methods at this point. If it can be solved by a simple refurbishment, it seems that it can be released without waiting so much, but if that is not suitable, it may make you wait for a long time.

Since it will take two to three weeks to make a prototype and test to determine which one to use, we announced on Twitter on the same day that we will post a report around mid-July.

As a result of the test, it was found that the occurrence of symptoms cannot be surely suppressed by a simple repair, and we are continuing to try various repair plans. However, since it is not clear at this point how long it will take for the refurbishment, we have not been able to provide a specific release date, but we have decided to postpone the release date.

Since it was announced as the next new product, we are very sorry that we have been waiting for a long time due to the repeated postponement of the release date, although we have received many expectations from everyone.

We will do our utmost to repair it, and when the release date is forecast, we will inform you again.

We will make a thorough repair so that everyone can enjoy the gas blowback shotgun "Saiga-12K" with peace of mind, so please wait until it is completed.

• 9 months later...

Shame TM will screw it up and there won't be any mags in stock for years (like the AKM).

But I will say I do really like the look of this. I think I'd want a drum mag though.

11 hours ago, Impulse said:

Shame TM will screw it up and there won't be any mags in stock for years (like the AKM).

But I will say I do really like the look of this. I think I'd want a drum mag though.

Theres always mags, you just need to know where to look.

I picked up 4 TM mp5 mags in Osaka in March just walking into a shop. There's so many shops that stock TM stuff IN Japan, that finding things is easy. And as it's easy in Japan, this equates to TM going, "It's OK"

36 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

Theres always mags, you just need to know where to look.

I picked up 4 TM mp5 mags in Osaka in March just walking into a shop. There's so many shops that stock TM stuff IN Japan, that finding things is easy. And as it's easy in Japan, this equates to TM going, "It's OK"

But you can't get on a lot of Japanese websites any more due to law changes. 

Liz truss devalued the pound and made buying from Japan a lot more expensive. 

And a flight to osaka, (it's something I'm really wanting to do) to buy 4 tm mags is not really within everyone's grasp. 

I bought one of the first TM AKMs that arrived in the UK and was stuck with a genuinely good gun that I couldn't get mags for without losing a kidney. One retailer was asking, and getting, 100 quid per mag. 

Edited by Pupa2794

4 hours ago, Pupa2794 said:

I bought one of the first TM AKMs that arrived in the UK and was stuck with a genuinely good gun that I couldn't get mags for without losing a kidney. One retailer was asking, and getting, 100 quid per mag. 

I remember that. I waited until I saw some in stock for a reasonable price on fire support and bought 5 immediately (my friend bought 5 as well, so between us we bought like... half their stock from that wave of mags).

I probably will hold off on the saiga though. I don't do much CQB, so it wouldn't be used that much and it's probably going to end up being about £650 here (could even be £700) looking at the Japanese price, with mags at between £50 - £60 each. That's a lot to spend on a gun I might use a few times.

Edited by Impulse

2 hours ago, Pupa2794 said:

But you can't get on a lot of Japanese websites any more due to law changes. 

Liz truss devalued the pound and made buying from Japan a lot more expensive. 

And a flight to osaka, (it's something I'm really wanting to do) to buy 4 tm mags is not really within everyone's grasp. 

thats what im saying -  there are mags, just not in the same vicinity as us.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.