Sig P226 Grip Change

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've tried getting answers to this on several forums , including this one in the quick answers for quick questions section , but without success. Even Reddit Airsoft which normally moves pretty quickly has failed to get me even one response.

So I decided to come back here and give it one last try.

Can the E2 grips on an airsoft Sig P226 be replaced by the original E1 grips.

The E1 hammer spring base is pretty substantial, too big for the E2 grips to clear it.

But the E2 hammer spring base is much smaller and the E1 grips are bigger.

So am I right in thinking that the E1 grips are a straight fit to a gun purchased with an E2 grip?

Or can the E1 grips only be attached if there is an E1 hammer spring base behind the grip frame?

Most people prefer the E2 grips but I am an exception. I bought a Sig with E2 grips and now wish I had bought one with the original E1 grips. is there anything I can do about it, other than sell the E2 and buy an E1 gun?

• Supporters

Are you talking about the hammer spring base in a real P226 or the airsoft one? Do you have pictures?

Also, minor thing but there is no "E1" grip. E2 is actually Ei.e. "Ergonomics Squared" so it would be E2 or R (for the railed frame model) or just "standard".

Thanks for the reply.

I am referring to the airsoft variety which I imagined mimics the real steal. However, looking at this WE F series parts diagram I cannot see how the hammer spring is held captive. There should be a piece that fits into the bottom of the grip frame to locate the spring, but it doesn't show in this one from WE.

https://www.kyairsoft.com/parts/we-pistols-gbbp/f-series-mk-25-p226/f226-s-56-gbbp.html

However in the real steel the part I am talking about is number 36 in the diagram below.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/sig-sauer/auto-pistols-sig/226-sig/parts-list-p226

The enhanced grip also has a spring base but it is smaller. This Guarder enhanced grip is shown with the smaller part needed to change from normal to enhanced.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/guarder-e2-enhanced-grip-for-marui--kj--we-p226-black

Sorry if it isn't clear but I have found it very difficult to get better parts diagrams.

Edited by emilianoksa

• Supporters
1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

I am referring to the airsoft variety which I imagined mimics the real steal. However, looking at this WE F series parts diagram I cannot see how the hammer spring is held captive. There should be a piece that fits into the bottom of the grip frame to locate the spring, but it doesn't show in this one from WE.

that diagram looks different to the f226 i had.

in the one i had there was a much larger bulged section at the base of the grip frame, it had a pin at the rear making a slot that the tail end of the stirrup (S61) would ride in, the spring itself was just pressed against the top of this block.

you can kind of see it in this image:

Sped-up) P226 FULL disassembly Sig Sauer Airsoft - YouTube

of course they might have tweaked the design since, wouldn't be the first time i've seen 2 of WE's models with the odd redesigned part to them.

Thanks for posting that. As you say it seems like an older design.

The parts diagram at this site at the bottom of the page when you scroll down, shows the KJWorks version follows the real steal arrangement. Part 61 is the part I was referring to. There appears to be no equivalent on either the WE or TM parts diagrams. The screw and strut are shown but not the housing the screw goes into.

https://www.greekairsoft.gr/manuals/manual.asp?Manufacturer=KJWORKS&Filename=KJW+P226+KP01+Manual.pdf

• 4 months later...
On 02/07/2021 at 12:40, Adolf Hamster said:

that diagram looks different to the f226 i had.

in the one i had there was a much larger bulged section at the base of the grip frame, it had a pin at the rear making a slot that the tail end of the stirrup (S61) would ride in, the spring itself was just pressed against the top of this block.

you can kind of see it in this image:

Sped-up) P226 FULL disassembly Sig Sauer Airsoft - YouTube

of course they might have tweaked the design since, wouldn't be the first time i've seen 2 of WE's models with the odd redesigned part to them.

I am resurrecting this thread because, if others need to ask the same question, I can now provide the answer. The E2 and standard grips on the WE F226 are indeed interchangeable.

Whereas the TM standard and E2 versions of the Sig have different length hammer struts and hammer spring housings, just like the real steel, WE has the same frame and hammer arrangement for both versions of the pistol.

The frame in the picture above is mistakenly attributed to TM in the video. In fact, it is the WE frame. I learned this by removing the slide on the E2 and comparing the frame to the one pictured above which is for the pistol with standard grip. The two frames are identical. As you can see the housing is not a separate part, but actually moulded into the frame. Presumably this was done to keep costs down.

I was going to buy replacement standard grips from WE, but they have that awful Seal Team 6 logo on them and are actually a little more expensive (plus you have to purchase the four screws separately) than the Guarder ones. The latter have the real trades and use better quality nylon reinforced polymer. So I bought the Guarder and fitted them. Transformed the look of the gun.

Edited by emilianoksa

• 1 year later...
On 29/11/2021 at 14:18, emilianoksa said:

I am resurrecting this thread because, if others need to ask the same question, I can now provide the answer. The E2 and standard grips on the WE F226 are indeed interchangeable.

Whereas the TM standard and E2 versions of the Sig have different length hammer struts and hammer spring housings, just like the real steel, WE has the same frame and hammer arrangement for both versions of the pistol.

The frame in the picture above is mistakenly attributed to TM in the video. In fact, it is the WE frame. I learned this by removing the slide on the E2 and comparing the frame to the one pictured above which is for the pistol with standard grip. The two frames are identical. As you can see the housing is not a separate part, but actually moulded into the frame. Presumably this was done to keep costs down.

I was going to buy replacement standard grips from WE, but they have that awful Seal Team 6 logo on them and are actually a little more expensive (plus you have to purchase the four screws separately) than the Guarder ones. The latter have the real trades and use better quality nylon reinforced polymer. So I bought the Guarder and fitted them. Transformed the look of the gun.

The we is moulded in frame, I have fitted real steel grips some inner mods. Or buy a guarder lower and main spring strut base

It depends on the brands. 

The TM sig E2 bits will not fit the normal, or vise versa. 

Mags are a different story. The E2 mags will fit the normal 226, but not the other way around. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.