Hells Airsoft Derby - Weeknight CQB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

Not seen much info on this, seems like a new site that opened before Christmas but I think with covid it has flown under the radar for me.  Been looking for some weeknight games that isn't just super tight CQB and have only had Halo Mill or the Department within an hour or so.  Hells airsoft has Friday night games and is only a short drive from work.

Anyone here checked this out?

https://hellsairsoft.wixsite.com/my-site-1

• 5 weeks later...

So incase anyone reads this, I attended Hell's Airsoft last night.

Pistols only night

Pros:

- friendly crowd and marshal's, instantly felt comfortable

- very good safe zone, facilities, safety briefing etc.

- site is inside a large barn, lots of room with some interesting points of interest.  Made to be a miniature "village" in cqb style.

- some good game modes, one blackout game which was very entertaining.

Cons:

- some not so great game modes, some needed a little more thought and direction.  Often you didn't feel like pushing and getting some good kills was worth it.  

- the village aspect of the site meant there are some long avenues of fire.  It felt like a bit of a campfest/stalemate in some game modes with no good flanking opportunities.  Hopefully as the site progresses they will iron this out and add more cover etc.

- dust!  The flooring on this site is a nice shredded rubber, or something like.  Lovely to kneel on etc.  However, it is incredibly dusty.  You could feel it on the lungs when prone and it caused havok with me and my mates gbb pistols.  My pistol was pretty much bolt action by the last game, bring some silicon spray if you are running gas.

All in all a good fun evening and some potential to be a great site.  Hopefully game modes and cover layout will evolve over time.

• Supporters

Thanks for the review. I've now gone off down a rabbithole learning about rubber chippings, which do seem to be plagued with dust to the point where some sellers claim to be dust-free (and I guess some don't), and one even gives away as much free dust as you can eat.

https://www.espsupplies.co.uk/sport/rubber-chippings/

https://re-bound.co.uk/free-rubber-dust-powder/

• Supporters

Don't like the sound of that, if it can screw up a gbb pistol in an evening, what potential harm is it doing to your lungs ?

tenor.gif

23 hours ago, loctez said:

So incase anyone reads this, I attended Hell's Airsoft last night.

Pistols only night

Pros:

- friendly crowd and marshal's, instantly felt comfortable

- very good safe zone, facilities, safety briefing etc.

- site is inside a large barn, lots of room with some interesting points of interest.  Made to be a miniature "village" in cqb style.

- some good game modes, one blackout game which was very entertaining.

Cons:

- some not so great game modes, some needed a little more thought and direction.  Often you didn't feel like pushing and getting some good kills was worth it.  

- the village aspect of the site meant there are some long avenues of fire.  It felt like a bit of a campfest/stalemate in some game modes with no good flanking opportunities.  Hopefully as the site progresses they will iron this out and add more cover etc.

- dust!  The flooring on this site is a nice shredded rubber, or something like.  Lovely to kneel on etc.  However, it is incredibly dusty.  You could feel it on the lungs when prone and it caused havok with me and my mates gbb pistols.  My pistol was pretty much bolt action by the last game, bring some silicon spray if you are running gas.

All in all a good fun evening and some potential to be a great site.  Hopefully game modes and cover layout will evolve over time.

What team were you on? I was there as well 😊

I'm a fan of Hells but yes, the dust seems to be getting a worse as time goes by.

There is a largish woodland area on the site as well. The woods are currently being used to breed pheasants, but the breeders lease runs out in October and he's not renewing. So once he's gone, their going to start developing that Into an airsoft site as well!!

5 hours ago, Steveocee said:

What team were you on? I was there as well 😊

I was on the green/red team.  Brown shirt with a green cap and woodland camo trousers.  

3 hours ago, leadly said:

I'm a fan of Hells but yes, the dust seems to be getting a worse as time goes by.

There is a largish woodland area on the site as well. The woods are currently being used to breed pheasants, but the breeders lease runs out in October and he's not renewing. So once he's gone, their going to start developing that Into an airsoft site as well!!

Ah that would be great!  It's nice and close to me which is why I was keen to go.

Hopefully will be down again in the future!

18 hours ago, loctez said:

I was on the green/red team.  Brown shirt with a green cap and woodland camo trousers.  

Yep I think I remember seeing you. On the middle bench? 2 of you in total? I was gobby asshole against the wall near the chairs.

The domination game was EPIC! Only played that with smaller numbers before and it was good then but with bigger numbers either side I just got shot and walked on in to your end of the field and took as many down as I could lol

• 2 weeks later...

The site looks pretty much fun from their website and I like the sound of pistol only games.... (queue the AAP-01 with a drum mag)... not too sure how I feel about running around on rubber chipping especially if there is a rubber dust problem... I suggest anyone who suffers from asthma should be wary?

@leadlynow I get why you're becoming a 'dirty' speed softer... it's all that dust :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.