Tokyo Marui Akm GBBR Release Imminent

Crazy_Crystal

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So surprisingly I haven't seen much chatter about this, but finally the AKM is up on their website which hopefully means a batch will arrive in the uk fairly soon... I'll be interested to see how it compares to the other GBB AK's on the market. (I must admit that I am not particularly a Kalashnikov aficionado but this is very tempting.)

If it performs half as well as their MWS System it should be very skirmishable.

https://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/gas/machinegun/486 

Oooooooooooh, I've been in the market for an AK for a while, but wasn't keen on the NGRS. This will definitely tempt me!

Also, thanks Google Translate...

image.png.1ae90c1252ad0c41dfd714cfde018cb4.png

That really is quite the translation. 😂

1 minute ago, Impulse said:

Also, thanks Google Translate...

image.png.1ae90c1252ad0c41dfd714cfde018cb4.png

I am sure it will be fine out of the box it is a TM afterall, but I will stick to my GHK AKM.

If it's compatible with already existing aftermarket AK parts, GHK have a serious contender to deal with. But knowing TM, it's not going to be like that at all 😞 

It's a strange release TBH. GHK AKM is a well regarded established platform.  The only thing that holds it back is availability (at least in the UK).  Then again it is an all steel receiver which is probably illegal given Japans strict gun laws so I can see why TM have pushed ahead with theirs to satisfy that internal market.  As usual, an export market is a secondary consideration for them probably.

59 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

It's a strange release TBH. GHK AKM is a well regarded established platform.  The only thing that holds it back is availability (at least in the UK).  Then again it is an all steel receiver which is probably illegal given Japans strict gun laws so I can see why TM have pushed ahead with theirs to satisfy that internal market.  As usual, an export market is a secondary consideration for them probably.

But this also secures the next 5-6 years of releases, as it'll be AKM, AKM with Keymod, with Folding stock, Space AK etc....

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

As usual, an export market is a secondary consideration for them probably.

It’s not even secondary. There are no official TM exports at all, everything is grey market 

True enough.

However,  I'm sure Marui is secretly very pleased that its guns sell all over the world.

The retailers and distributors who order them from Japan are paying Tokyo Marui after all.

And sales to the rest of the world must make a huge contribution to their overall profit. 

Well, if they do an RPK version I will be happy is the GHK one is impossible to find

I want it now 😬 by releasing both the MP5 and now this it’s like they’re just trying to drain my bank account!

52 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

I want it now 😬 by releasing both the MP5 and now this it’s like they’re just trying to drain my bank account!

Same here... plus that GBB Saiga is stunning too... so many rif's this year..... 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.