What Have You Learned About Airsoft Recently?

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i've always advocated knowing your own teching, so many advantages once you get past that hill at the start and can put stuff together properly.

if not full on teching, at least basic maintenance.

I get that people might not have the time nor the interest in what's inside their gats but I legit get asked every sunday to set someone's hop..

My dad opened a gearbox at a game once. Very quickly learnt his lesson. Some of the shims fell out and made their way between the gears. Didn't realize, put it all back together and *CRUNCH*

Now we just take enough backups to arm half of our team. 

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, Skara said:

if not full on teching, at least basic maintenance.

I get that people might not have the time nor the interest in what's inside their gats but I legit get asked every sunday to set someone's hop..

oh hop setting is a big one, alongside barrel cleaning and realizing that even a good gun will shoot like shit if you feed it crap ammo.

• Supporters

Sure, I wouldn't open a gearbox on site, but barrels and buckings and hops (oh my) are absolutely basic stuff.

I was just bemused at the number of folk who made a point of coming over not to offer help, but to declare proudly that they never touch their internals.  Kind of a weird flex.

I say "number", it was maybe six over half an hour.  But, you know, fishing and airsoft tales. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

declare proudly that they never touch their internals

Then they complain the guy at 70 metres ain't calling his hits :P

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Skara said:

ahh yes, the old "but he can shoot me so obviously i must be able to hit him" paradox

29 minutes ago, Skara said:

I had a blast with that line at a game. dude shooting at me and just seeing them fall to the floor then yelling at me only for my reply to be launching a Tagginn back at him and hearing him yell "what the fuck was that"

22 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

ahh yes, the old "but he can shoot me so obviously i must be able to hit him" paradox

As someone who uses a boltie, the number of times I hear this... It always amazes me when people are shocked that their stock AEG can't reach the same ranges as my painstakingly tuned boltie

• Supporters

BUT again playing devils advocate on the whole the people on here generally have a couple of brain cells to rub together (note I do say only a couple ?) but a very large proportion of the population (as I’ve learned through my work) see even just opening a kitkat as a technical challenge , changing a lightbulb as advanced electrical engineering and don’t even THINK about changing a fuse in a plug ! that’s borderline quantum physics !😱

So I’d say yea setting the hop that’s not up for discussion but anything that’ll involve even a modicum or disassembly I’d equally say yes a very large part of the public wouldn’t have a Scooby what to do .

17 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

BUT again playing devils advocate on the whole the people on here generally have a couple of brain cells to rub together (note I do say only a couple ?) but a very large proportion of the population (as I’ve learned through my work) see even just opening a kitkat as a technical challenge , changing a lightbulb as advanced electrical engineering and don’t even THINK about changing a fuse in a plug ! that’s borderline quantum physics !😱

So I’d say yea setting the hop that’s not up for discussion but anything that’ll involve even a modicum or disassembly I’d equally say yes a very large part of the public wouldn’t have a Scooby what to do .

Alright keanu, easy.

16 hours ago, Druid799 said:

...a very large proportion of the population (as I’ve learned through my work) see even just opening a kitkat as a technical challenge...

Hey, that was *one time*.

31 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

IT AINT CHEAP 🤦🏻‍♂️

And you only learned this, this year......😱

34 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Just  started an affair with gbbr’s ☺️

Yeah, that will do it. I often wondered at the gbbr crowd with their really economical shots and low ammo count. Then i looked up the cost of mags.....

2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Yeah, that will do it. I often wondered at the gbbr crowd with their really economical shots and low ammo count. Then i looked up the cost of mags.....

I’m relatively lucky, my ghk mags will hold close to 40 rounds

in the gbbr world this makes me as trigger happy as Rambo 😂

11 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Most games you can get a way with 4 mags (a large capacity speed loader helps). At CQB sites there are times when I have maybe shot 20rds on a game.

Today I learned the retailers don’t seem to be particularly bothered about UKARA, seemed to be that just showing that I’ve been/booked to go Airsofting is fine for them.

Caught me a bit off-guard as I hadn’t planned to buy anything so was only going for a look as I had a spare 20 mins. Did have a good chat with the guy running the place though and now have more of an idea regarding what to buy when I’m getting my first rifle.

31 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Today I learned the retailers don’t seem to be particularly bothered about UKARA, seemed to be that just showing that I’ve been/booked to go Airsofting is fine for them.

Caught me a bit off-guard as I hadn’t planned to buy anything so was only going for a look as I had a spare 20 mins. Did have a good chat with the guy running the place though and now have more of an idea regarding what to buy when I’m getting my first rifle.

Cool. Happy days👍

10 hours ago, Shamal said:

Cool. Happy days👍

my sentiments exactly, just need to stop endlessly looking at RIFs and actually decide what to buy!

14 hours ago, Madhouse said:

I've had the same, when talking face to face they were happy to sell without ukara as long as they were satisfied that I was actually using it for airsoft

2 hours ago, Madhouse said:

my sentiments exactly, just need to stop endlessly looking at RIFs and actually decide what to buy!

Thats not really a though is it. You dont ever settle on 'thats my next purchase' just an endless cycle of 'i'm really going to buy this, but i still really like the look of.....'

Or at least thats the way i found it. I have 'almost' settled on next assault style toy and down to *hem* 3 shotguns.....

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Thats not really a though is it. You dont ever settle on 'thats my next purchase' just an endless cycle of 'i'm really going to buy this, but i still really like the look of.....'

Or at least thats the way i found it. I have 'almost' settled on next assault style toy and down to *hem* 3 shotguns.....

Think this is the main reason I’ve got 30+ Airsoft guns 😉

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.