What Is My UKARA Number?

Fatboy40

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

At the end of my most recent skirmish I became a member at the site concerned, paid my money and have a membership card and number (which is a five figure number with a 7 at the start, which seems an incredibly high number as there's no way the site will have that many members). They were very busy so once I'd entered my detail on an electronic list on a tablet, paid my dues and got my card I left the site (they did say don't attempt to make any online purchases for a few days yet).

I'm left a little confused though as to what my actually UKARA number is though? Is it the five figure number above, or do I wait for an e-mail sent to me that confirms this / give me a number? (my e-mail address was part of what I added to the "list", and I'd like to buy a RIF so that it arrives before the weekend).

Thanks.

Edit: I had to chase the site a few times to get things processed, and the UKARA "number" was the "registered site" three letters followed by my sites membership number.

Edited by Fatboy40

My “site membership number” was my ukara when I had one 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds like you have a site membership rather than UKARA (licence, LOL). Your UKARA should start with three letters, which are an assigned code for the site where is was gained. Really the best people to clarify with though would be the site.

Largely copy pasting this from a thread where I'd mentioned it previously (with an amendment because I was wrong on the duration).

As caveat which is largely nothing to do with the rest of the conversation, unless I'm wildly mistaken, your 3 games that qualify you for UKARA need to take place across a 2 month (56 days between first game and last game) period starting from the date of your first 'stamp'.

Add in processing time, which will vary based on when the site submits your information to be added to the database and then you being added to said database essentially mean you aren't immediately UKARA'd upon getting your last stamp... though some sites have on shop sites and will immediately honour it upon earning your final stamp. In the instances where I've been added to the database I've had an email from the site containing my UKARA number... mine being with First and Only my UAKRA starts FAO followed by 5 numbers (so FAO#####). As others have mentioned, mine matches my membership number.

As is tradition with any question along these lines, if you're not sure exactly where you are in this process contact the site.

Thanks everyone.

I had a feeling that my "true" UKARA number should start with the three letter site code, so I'll have to reign myself in and wait until I get my e-mail.

• Supporters

Yup, UKARA "numbers" start with a three letter code, as shown here: http://ukara.org.uk/#approved

I'm not sure why they'd issue a membership number but not a UKARA. When I recently got a fresh UKARA, the site issued it via a tablet and said it was live immediately, which did seem to be the case.

However, UKARA is just a way of showing that you're a member of a site, which is just one way of the seller adducing a defence.  Retailers want to sell to you, so you could put in an order, let them know the site and the membership number, and they can check themselves.  Let's be honest, it's largely a box ticking exercise for them.

When my site registered me I've received email to address I've used for my membership registration from no.reply@ukara-dbms.co.uk, it looks like this:

Dear REDACTED REDACTED,

This is an automated email to notify that you are now active on the UKARA database until 07/07/2021 as a player of Maddocks Hill Airsoft Pew Trader Ltd.

Your player number is:

REDACTED registered to your postcode of REDACTED.

If any of the above details are incorrect, or change during the course of the year, please contact your game site to update any information.

Please do not reply to this email.

Kind Regards, UKARA

Edited by ziCk_

• Supporters

Huh, I didn't get an email from UKARA.  Still, the code seeks usable.  Conceivably the site has mis-entered my email, not a big deal.

8 hours ago, ziCk_ said:

When my site registered me I've received email to address I've used for my membership registration from no.reply@ukara-dbms.co.uk, it looks like this:

Can I ask how long the e-mail took to arrive once your site registered you / accepted your membership? (I suppose this depends on how quickly the site does this for you really)

12 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Can I ask how long the e-mail took to arrive once your site registered you / accepted your membership? (I suppose this depends on how quickly the site does this for you really)

I'm afraid I don't have good answer to that. I've bought membership in March literally couple of days before lockdowns and courtesy of site owner he didn't start my membership until July when they could reopen, therefore I'm not exactly aware how long does it normally take.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.