New Polarstar Build Shockingly Low FPS - Help Plz

Bob Ross

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My hpa tank arrived today for a new polarstar build I’ve been working on and my chrono is telling me it’s shooting at only 100fps (consistently). Im feeding the fusion engine 130psi from a 3000psi tank on .4g bbs.

Every single piece of kit is new including the chrono so I’m not sure where to start tbh.

Here’s my setup:

- vfc Avalon sabre (maple leaf bucking 6.03 barrel as standard)

- fusion engine gen 3 with blue nozzle 

- amped line (internal and external)

- xcortech x3300w chrono/ silencer

- polarstar mr regulator 

- speed trigger

Everything is untuned as it came from the shop, including standard fcu settings.

Any ideas what on earth ive done?! 😕

😬 

I'm not a HPA expert..what Joules is it shooting on? What fps do you get when using 0.2's if you have any.  Is the Hop wound on too much?  Are you able to test it in a garden for range/distance.  Is the barrel clean and not gunked up.  

Can you test the Chrono on another gun to make sure it's not the chrono playing up.

On 0.4g bb's you should be getting around 249fps and 1.14joules. (See below)

Sorry not much more I can say at this moment.  Could be a FCU settings.  Try looking at Youtube..ton's of vids on the subject.  Maybe try Facebook HPA group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/AirsoftSalesUK

Or if you dare to enter it... Reddit!  :)

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted mate.

Monkman.

Ihwo7FJ9ad2xVMl8KKb8pfk_Ryahxtj0abGKqKHujfevAIqUBpPU_kdhuI7YOA2uMZHQsinNkezb2LqwI40AniGwg8Kk_-dm4AjhE2eyhZu6yzk34UJrcp_-K5VR80nYilOCcLgDw86FIFTLHQwdFqyCYfNzkS4uLejTqM56_VkmdMv4x6Z4057WXz8GmAjvaW-RSsQNFeqg1zKLKYD6Y7tcj8zkHaTk4LAbq4N8gVRMb4dREhQo1Yi4iOXs4FJF8NY4gnxUagHgSwLNpO7_LHX5gt91pcnEps7waDzPPMbI_Mbrym6G9UymLrfp0Yleu0kaWlsfg4h2MzuNlzGNfJaeZVZRUMhOtjBm4omCIc3o-3wK-QXEb01JiLAmxXBciI1VfCTqdwQUHuc9z0JWwDHqRrQHVoBoSaV0S9nVA8ME4iH0W6HiP49intnFjCGI3ufmMgpjRQsZwz53My30dg9KMx1sUZ3Wiop0ysXPUTRDMieIQ8lbYMzlqa5Xvh5u74DctviwMB0ORedC7BTeC18gVpVfeTCUJ-wzYpCMSLIWcSxLaMBv-GIoXi-73Rn87b6u1OOpXUTH0GRPBMzGxP_mdinWRCRkO-KFuQTLY8kJoxOH5uNDn1DgCJdHhAyXxiwhh4WbAtEiuuU2mRXhdFpglNmcNp5q9-tSqQu2zHAbajMF0Ml3OoPAk47-zkTK0jkFsxlxgBgc-eDt71xtCfo=w595-h1223-no?authuser=0

If you have a dwell control setting you may have high enough pressure but the poppet is not open long enough to provide an adequate volume of air for a .4 bb 130 psi in a wolverine inferno gen 2 would be miles too high so unless you are leaking air everywhere then the most likely culprit is the dwell

• Supporters

Iirc the stock dwell on the fusion is pretty conservative, raising it wont hurt but i dont think thats the cause.

I'd check the nozzle-hop feedlips for leaks.

Doh!!😳

👍

• Supporters

I saw a girl on Failbook with the same issue, her unit had reset itself and defaulted to reading in metrons rather than turnips per fortnight.

Another argument in favour of Joules - I can tell you that my DMR shoots 0.32g at 1.72J, but I have no idea what that means in metres or feet. It's just not relevant information.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.