Nuprol Chrono Issues!

Gigy Beast

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My Nuprol AC100 Chrono won't give me a read out....😬

Any one had any issues with such a bit of kit before, is it worth taking apart to see and if so is there anything I could do with looking out for?

Many thanks

Is it under warranty? If yes, send it back to the retailer. If not, you don't have much to lose taking it apart as it's a paperweight now otherwise.

Does it turn on at all? If not, have you tried using it with the USB lead connected to a power source? If it's an old unit, the internal NiMh battery might be dead or have a broken connection.

If it does turn on, but not give an FPS reading, it implies there is a sensor issue.

It's essentially a UFC Pro Chronograph with Nuprol stamped on it (along with a price markup for the privilege).  I've had two (UFC Pros) over the years, and they were OK, but I know that they had quite a high failure rate.

TBH, I wouldn't recommend them now the likes of Acetech and Xcortech are making cheaper, yet better units.

So I took it apart, found that the rear section was out of alignment so pushed it back, seems to be okay, HOWEVER!!! on testing found you cannot chrono anything it the day light, needs to be done in a dark ish room, guess it works so that’s something, might wrap some tape around it and see if that helps 

You could try wrapping it in a black bin bag and the next time you take the rubbish out........😉

It should work in daylight otherwise its a shot in the dark!

👍

Haha yeah I agree it’s crap, in the middle of doing up 5 guns and would rather put £50 in to them rather than on another chrono 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Just buy a Skan and forget all about the cheap chronographs, even the much lauded xcortech chronographs vary wildly.

Sadly, that's what sites tend to use, and I can't see any point (beyond a moral victory) in being more accurate than them. It's not like you can win the chrono lottery with "Yeahbut, my Skan says..."

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.