Jg Mp5a3k

Karinexmachina

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes I was wanting to have an MP5A3 with a MP5K front foregrip. I failed to realise how different these two guns are, i thought i could simply use an A3 stock and put it on the MP5K. So im wondering if its possible to swap the upper assemblies out between the JG MP5A3 and JG MP5K to basically achieve this gun here?
image.png.2e6dbcd8d0b496b6c9206bcea6618c32.png

Do you mean put a A3 upper receiver on to a MP5k lower receiver? Because that is just going to give you an MP5 A3. On the MP5K receiver the gas tube is integrated into the upper receiver. It would be less grief to modify the MP5K upper receiver to fit the stock than to modify a MP5 recover to fit a k gas tube.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, BigStew said:

Do you mean put a A3 upper receiver on to a MP5k lower receiver? Because that is just going to give you an MP5 A3. On the MP5K receiver the gas tube is integrated into the upper receiver. It would be less grief to modify the MP5K upper receiver to fit the stock than to modify a MP5 recover to fit a k gas tube.

It's not that straightforward though. Firstly there's a lot of chopping about to do to remove the rail blocks that obstruct the stock rails, then there's the issue of the rear end of the k receiver not having anywhere for the stock cap pin to go through (the end cap pin is further forward on the K).

You might be able to get something like this to fit https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p44278/SRC-MP5-AEG-PDW-Retractable-Stock-(Black)/product_info.html

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Firstly there's a lot of chopping about to do to remove the rail blocks that obstruct the stock rails, then there's the issue of the rear end of the k receiver not having anywhere for the stock cap pin to go through

I fell into this trap.  I knew I'd have to drill-and-dremel out the rail blocks but I didn't realise the end cap would be different too. When the stock arrived and I realised, I hummed and hawwed about trying to modify it with a hot air gun and more drilling, but considering that the plastic on the Galaxy MP5Ks isn't the best to begin with, I bottled it and flogged the stock onto someone else in the hope that they'd have better luck.

I'd love to know if anyone has actually managed it, as an A3 stock on an MP5K receiver seems like a common enough fetish.

What I had in mind was using the upper part from the MP5K and possibly 3D printing an extension which makes use of the bodypins so it doesnt immediately fall apart. I already commited to doing this build as i have an MP5A3. I will have to see how it goes once i find and acquire an MP5K.

It kinda baffled me at first when i realised that the MP5K from this game... just isnt an MP5K

1 hour ago, Karinexmachina said:

What I had in mind was using the upper part from the MP5K and possibly 3D printing an extension which makes use of the bodypins so it doesnt immediately fall apart. I already commited to doing this build as i have an MP5A3. I will have to see how it goes once i find and acquire an MP5K.

It kinda baffled me at first when i realised that the MP5K from this game... just isnt an MP5K

Thinking about it your best bet would be just to get the A3 cut out a mid section of the gas tube and glue each end to give you a k length barrel (this would however only work with a plastic receiver unless you can weld) 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Karinexmachina said:

As for the battery i suppose i could run an MP5K battery and forego the mock bolt. Or see if theres a chance a battery can go into the MP5K grip.. though its not gonna be a very big battery..

An MP5K battery usually sits in the tube along the top, not sure if you have that space available in your A3.

As for the receiver mods, this pic shows the main difference quite well:17063.jpg

The top two are K receivers, the bottom one is a standard type. You'll notice that the front part of the body just in front of the magwell is longer on a K and that the cocking tube sits further back too (it's not just shorter). If you have the ability to 3D print an adaptor that will give you the support you need for an A3 stock then it will very possibly be easier to open out the stock rails and do it that way rather than trying to make the A3 front into a K.

If cutting out the stock rails is a no go then this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AF-Stinger-Tanker-Toy-Stock-For-Marui-G-P-M-Series-Airsoft-AEG-AF-ST0015T2-/184366320939 with an MP5-M4 stock adaptor would get you close.

• Supporters
On 17/06/2021 at 17:29, lukeB said:

If you want to fix a fixed/sliding stock to an mp5k try this - 

I like the concept with the cupboard joint block but that would only work for a fixed stock. A sliding stock would need more stability at the top, plus the JG has a metal upper which makes it harder to get rid of the plates at the back end of the stock arm channels (not impossible though).

Its called a reverse stretch and basically needs an MP5K Forend Grafting onto a full size A3 rear.  It looks straight forward but is infact a major job, it's been on my project list for about 20 years now.

Thats what I initially had in mind. Use the lower from the A3 and the upper from the K and then 3D print an adapter to make use of the A3 bodypins. I mentioned the mock bolt simply because i havent seen the differences between the K's and the normal sized MP5's yet. I know the Battery sits right behind the K mock bolt. I'm gonna focus on the other endangered guns on my list then revisit the "MP5A3K". Since this is part of my project i'll try my best to avoid the destructive path but if needs be i'll start cutting and modifying.

In this game this used to be an MP5A3 but it was then converted into an MP5K which explains why it looks the way it does. If I can achieve this look it might be a decent little shooter. I'll also 3D print the rails and custom sights. The rear sight resembles a Sig Sauer Diopter sight thats set up like a HK Diopter
Amazon.com : Sig Sauer Rotary Diopter Rear Sight - 1511663-R : Sports &  Outdoors
image.png.7e536ba83efbd205e8df798c4ac20312.pngimage.png.ba19cd43487227d09321a64abb3105ac.png
The design of this sight kinda seems nonsensical but I'll find out soon enough when I get it printed.

Edited by Karinexmachina

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

YOu have to use the A£upper and lower and the K frontend.  The receivers are different lengths.

Yeah thats what I said. I can 3D print an adapter and fuse it to the MP5K upper in order to use the A3 stock. It's worth a shot once I get a hold of a MP5K. However for the moment im gonna focus on some rarer guns.

Edited by Karinexmachina

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.