Naf 2021

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, does anyone one know if the NAF 2021 in Southampton will take place this year?

1 hour ago, MiK said:

@Gianairsoft2020  latest info @ https://www.airsoftfestival.com

“We plan to run this year, subject to the expected government announcement as indicated in their Spring 2021 schedule. We will open bookings as soon we have a green light - ETA 1 July.”

That's what I read but there are 48 players already but the booking page is not open????

I shall be going. Really missed last year.

I was thinking about going but I have a test on to deal with on the Saturday and there’s ZERO chance of me being able to reschedule that :(

I will be well up for it 2022 tho

2 hours ago, Gianairsoft2020 said:

Hello, does anyone one know if the NAF 2021 in Southampton will take place this year?

It's in Ringwood not Southampton.👍

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I don't know if you've got the whiff of the news (neither ZeroOne or GroundZero are any good at it), but NAF2021 is going ahead as per the initial plan. They reopened the booking 2-3 weeks back. I wrote a bit about it here: 

https://playairsoft.uk/blog/national-airsoft-festival-2021-is-going-ahead

The event will still take place between 26th–30th of August and by the time I signed up (circa last week) there was already over 3,000 players registered.

Is anyone here going to attend this year? I personally cannot wait for proper camping with awesome food and live, open fires everywhere across the campsite. They say it's 20% Airsoft and 80% social there, and that's been the case for me and my buddy ever since 2017.

PS. I launched a blog on PlayAirsoft where I'll be posting regularly with updates about bigger UK events throughout the years, as well as news, guides, and reviews related to Airsoft.

Edited by shadowfacex
styling

Yeah our little group will be there👍

Team Diamond Dogs.

I think this will be our sixth year. Would have been seven had it not been for covid.

Are you playing under a team name?

We are sticking with Bravo again 🙂

How bout you?

Yeah it's a great atmosphere and plenty to buy lol but I gotta keep both hands in pockets unless fighting. Wife said! ☹

Regards 

@Shamal we’re running under Darkwater Security (DSEC) but it’s just the two of us. We’ll be also sticking with Bravo again.

I normally set aside a bit of a budget for NAF each year, but I get ya, it’s hard to resist the temptation!

Looking forward to playing with you, would be awesome to bunch up and for once do some objectives for the team! 😅

8 hours ago, shadowfacex said:

@Shamal we’re running under Darkwater Security (DSEC) but it’s just the two of us. We’ll be also sticking with Bravo again.

I normally set aside a bit of a budget for NAF each year, but I get ya, it’s hard to resist the temptation!

Looking forward to playing with you, would be awesome to bunch up and for once do some objectives for the team! 😅

Haha.

Yeah we will seek you out.👍

@Cannonfodder It'd be awesome to have a bit more variety, so if you know of any other "weekend warrior" events with camping during the last bank holiday weekend, I'd love to hear about it.

I heard about something similar based in the North of England a few years back, but I can't remember anything else about it sadly.

Just now, shadowfacex said:

@Cannonfodder It'd be awesome to have a bit more variety, so if you know of any other "weekend warrior" events with camping during the last bank holiday weekend, I'd love to hear about it.

I heard about something similar based in the North of England a few years back, but I can't remember anything else about it sadly.

Gunman airsoft do full weekend games.

Going for the first time with a few lads from my local site, mainly just to see what it's like. My expectations are low, I'm expecting a clusterfuck of the highest order. Should be a nice target rich environment though 😄

1 hour ago, Shaydee said:

Going for the first time with a few lads from my local site, mainly just to see what it's like. My expectations are low, I'm expecting a clusterfuck of the highest order. Should be a nice target rich environment though 😄

You're not wrong. Plenty of kids who think they can take as much heat as in CoD on "Recruit". Makes it less palatable, hence this year I wanna focus entirely on getting objectives done instead of picking random firefights in the bushes. Easier said than done!

24 minutes ago, shadowfacex said:

You're not wrong. Plenty of kids who think they can take as much heat as in CoD on "Recruit". Makes it less palatable, hence this year I wanna focus entirely on getting objectives done instead of picking random firefights in the bushes. Easier said than done!

Classic weekend skirmish just with a massively inflated playercount 😄

7 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I'd rather shit in my hands then clap than go to that absolute shower

Haha whatever floats ya boat😉

No to be fair it's a great weekend away. Not so much about game play for me,but that is a bonus. 👍

Regards 

3 hours ago, Shamal said:

Haha whatever floats ya boat😉

No to be fair it's a great weekend away. Not so much about game play for me,but that is a bonus. 👍

Regards 

That's the thing though, while I admit the social side can be good the quality of the game is the exact opposite. If I want to go camping and get pissed up I can do that without paying £100 for the privilege 

20 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

That's the thing though, while I admit the social side can be good the quality of the game is the exact opposite. If I want to go camping and get pissed up I can do that without paying £100 for the privilege 

You have been then?

I know what you are saying but I take the game play as it comes and if I get a few kills over weekend then I'm 😊

Obviously with over 3k players it hard to keep check of who is calling hits but I'm generally pretty sure if I've hit someone and that's good enough for me.

The other thing I love is all the side stalls and even tarpaulins laid out with so much kit and I always find something and at a price that makes the weekend worth it. 

Regards 

Yes I've been, all be it not for a few years. 

It's not just the quality of the gameplay though. I was left with the impression that they were only interested in taking your money and didn't give a shit after that. 

On 12/08/2021 at 08:25, Cannonfodder said:

Yes I've been, all be it not for a few years. 

It's not just the quality of the gameplay though. I was left with the impression that they were only interested in taking your money and didn't give a shit after that. 

Well, that's a lot of Airsoft game organisers for you. If we wanna raise standards across the board, we need to keep them accountable and keep feeding back to them constructively.

I would suggest watching some footage from NAF2019, as it was a very good one (IMO). It's hard to keep 3-4k of players in check across such a large site, but somehow I never had the impression of the organisers NGAF, in fact some of the marshals were so awesome they LARPed properly as commanders and made the whole experience all the more awesome.

The food is usually decent at the site, camping area is kept in check and tidy, the vibe is real solid. If you prefer proper games, maybe one of the other weekend warrior events would be a better fit for you? NAF is 100% casual from my own experience.

Numbers show there’s less than 2000 players signed up so far (normally there’s close to 4000), so it looks like it may be a bit less hectic while at the same time more strategic, since it’ll be less likely to engage in random firefights in the bushes.

Hiya.

Yeah numbers are down.counter stopped at 1.8k

But like you say,will be less hectic and not so long a queue at the bar lol.

Are you still going?

I'm taking day off Friday so.i shall get there at gates open.

Hopefully meet up over weekend. I'm the old guy with a white AFUK patch on my chest rig lol.

You will get some idea from my forum pic.👍

Regards 

They may say numbers are capped, but the times I've been they were still allowing players to sign up on the day without booking a spot in advance 

14 hours ago, Shamal said:

Hiya.

Yeah numbers are down.counter stopped at 1.8k

But like you say,will be less hectic and not so long a queue at the bar lol.

Are you still going?

I'm taking day off Friday so.i shall get there at gates open.

Hopefully meet up over weekend. I'm the old guy with a white AFUK patch on my chest rig lol.

You will get some idea from my forum pic.👍

Regards 

@Shamal Yeah man, the whole two-man fireteam of DSEC is coming over, and we’ll be driving down from up north over night to get as early as the gates will open tomorrow.

I’ll drop into your private messages once we’re set so we can get in touch and meet at the site.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.