Dmr Help

AirsoftRegan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys so I’ve recently got an AEG upgraded to be a dmr and love it however I was looking to improve it if I could. Was just wondering on everyone’s opinion on the best inner barrel and hop to stick in it to maximise range and accuracy 

Model, manufacture and what's been done to it is really needed to give any advice. Also who did the work because the first thing done should have been hop and barrel.

So it’s a G&G TR16 SBR mk1 308, I bought it from bztactical who also did all the work. They put in a gate Titan, maple leaf hop rubber, asg mad bull black python v2 6.03 inner barrel and a stronger spring to shoot at around 430fps on .2

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, AirsoftRegan said:

So it’s a G&G TR16 SBR mk1 308, I bought it from bztactical who also did all the work. They put in a gate Titan, maple leaf hop rubber, asg mad bull black python v2 6.03 inner barrel and a stronger spring to shoot at around 430fps on .2

Sounds like you've already got it covered. I'm not a huge fan of the Madbull barrels but I'd only replace it once it gets worn.

What isn't it doing that you're unhappy about?

Just now, Lozart said:

Sounds like you've already got it covered. I'm not a huge fan of the Madbull barrels but I'd only replace it once it gets worn.

What isn't it doing that you're unhappy about?

the only thing would probably be the range, is there a better inner barrel you’d suggest. Also I’m curious on wether I should increase the inner barrel length as it’s as assault rifle length

What BB weight are you using?

• Supporters

Better barrel would be a Prometheus EG or a ZCi. What kind of actual range are you getting, how much have you used it since the work was done and what weight BBs are you using?

I’ve had a couple games, I’ve tried a bunch of weights but a .36 gram seem to work the best as any lower the bb,s tend to fly in different directions. I’ve not done an official range test but I loose accuracy from about 40-50 metres

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, AirsoftRegan said:

I’ve had a couple games, I’ve tried a bunch of weights but a .36 gram seem to work the best as any lower the bb,s tend to fly in different directions. I’ve not done an official range test but I loose accuracy from about 40-50 metres

I take it they fitted the Omega nub with the ML hope rubber?

To be honest it sounds like it may just need some more BBs through it to bed in the rubber. Any idea which ML rubber they put in?

36 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I take it they fitted the Omega nub with the ML hope rubber?

To be honest it sounds like it may just need some more BBs through it to bed in the rubber. Any idea which ML rubber they put in?

yeah exactly an this was the rubber: Maple Leaf Hot Shot Hop-Up Bucking for Crazy Jet Airsoft Inner Barrels - 60 Degrees

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AirsoftRegan said:

yeah exactly an this was the rubber: Maple Leaf Hot Shot Hop-Up Bucking for Crazy Jet Airsoft Inner Barrels - 60 Degrees

First up, that rubber is to allow you to use GBB barrels in an AEG and also 60 degrees might be a touch soft for your FPS.

Personally I'd swap the barrel out for an AEG spec one and fit either a Maple Leaf Macaron 70 degree or a Maple Leaf MR 70 degree.

I'd suggest it's almost there with what's been done.

Personally I wouldn't have gone for the titan as the perun units and the stock etu work really well.

I'd suggest if you want to change something swap the barrel for a zci stainless steel tight bore. If memory serves the mbr variant inner barrel is 407mm and works well with the stock cylinder volume, though you need a outer barrel extension to cover it.

I have the tr16 308 mbr, which I think is a 14.5" outer barrel which covers very nearly all of the 407mm inner.

I'd go with either a MR or Super Macaron, in 70° hardness.

(Super over the regular one because the patch is larger and it has those two convenient shoulders that give the rubber some extra rigidity)

25 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

I'd suggest it's almost there with what's been done.

Personally I wouldn't have gone for the titan as the perun units and the stock etu work really well.

I'd suggest if you want to change something swap the barrel for a zci stainless steel tight bore. If memory serves the mbr variant inner barrel is 407mm and works well with the stock cylinder volume, though you need a outer barrel extension to cover it.

I have the tr16 308 mbr, which I think is a 14.5" outer barrel which covers very nearly all of the 407mm inner.

He I have the sbr see which is basically a smaller version

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.