How Does She Sound?

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got my first skirmish in over a year since I had my gun completely rebuilt by firesupport, and I'm not too happy with how she sounds, very grindy.
I'll post a short video so everyone can see what I mean. I might have time to do a shim job, or have firesupport do one, before the skirmish, but I only want to do/pay for it if it really needs it. Any other suggestions or things anyone notices in the video would also be appreciated.

Also, I know the bodypin is just a bolt with a huge nut on the end, I know it looks stupid, the original bolt broke and king arms dont make parts for these anymore.

It sounds like it's been shimmed too tight.

I'd play around with the motor height first

So, for starters the motor height adjustment screw is knackered, but if I force it any higher than it is I can hear it grinding more, so it doesn't matter too much.

Could it be that the gears are a little dry? It hasn't been serviced in about 2 years, and hasn't been used either.

On 14/06/2021 at 11:58, LazzurusMan said:

So, for starters the motor height adjustment screw is knackered, but if I force it any higher than it is I can hear it grinding more, so it doesn't matter too much.

Could it be that the gears are a little dry? It hasn't been serviced in about 2 years, and hasn't been used either.

Does the grip heat up? 

On 16/06/2021 at 13:07, Pewpewpetie said:

Does the grip heat up? 

Not 100% sure, haven't used it for more than 30 seconds at a time. 

I managed to sort the motor height adjustment with a bit of card (the grub screw had nothing to push on to move the motor as the screw was too short, this filled the gap and the motor moved). She sounds a little better after pushing the motor up a little. 

I doubt I'll ever get it dead quiet, but it's better. 

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be hearing that, that sounds decent enough to me.  It's an electric motor and a bunch of gears inside a tin box, there's always going to be some whing and ping.

Going from videos, I've seen people with very quiet aegs, I just wasn't sure if I could make mine any quieter. I'm happy with it regardless. I should be after spending over 150 on repairs/upgrades. 

13 hours ago, BigStew said:

a bit chirpy but doesn't sound bad that maybe just how king arms sound 

After watching a few videos, the King arms sig series does sound a little loud, I never really noticed it as its supposed to be electric blowback, but I had that disabled by firesupport when they worked on it so the motor etc would have a little less metal to move. 

On 21/06/2021 at 08:39, LazzurusMan said:

Not 100% sure, haven't used it for more than 30 seconds at a time. 

I managed to sort the motor height adjustment with a bit of card (the grub screw had nothing to push on to move the motor as the screw was too short, this filled the gap and the motor moved). She sounds a little better after pushing the motor up a little. 

I doubt I'll ever get it dead quiet, but it's better. 

I found that if it's shimmed properly and aoe was corrected then it's. Usually Down To pinion / bevel meshing. Sometimes I have to wedge plastic squares into the grip to set allignment properly,  sometimes just a mm out will cause more noise. If your motor does heat up then my guess Would be  either shimmed  to tight or motor  allignment is off slightly. But in the world of  airsoft what works for one doesnt necessarily work for another. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.