Shipping an Airsoft Replica From the UK to Germany.

Sniper780

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, 

Looking  for advice/help and people's experience with regarding shipping an airsoft replica to Germany. 

I have an RS SVD package up for sale an interested party in Germany is looking to buy. I have sent replicas within the UK no problem but sending overseas is causing me a bit of head scratching. 

I believe, I have to fill in a  cn23 form and also comply with local German law regarding airsoft so either a white F-in-a-pentagon mark or completely remove the gear box and send the SVD body and gearbox in two separate  consignment I am on the right track so far?

Also has anyone filled in a cn23 form in relation to airsoft and what shipping/courier service did you use?

I thought Parcel Force since they take replicas within the UK but on their website apparently they will not take replicas internationally, which is a theme that seems repeated with UPS and DPD.   

Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Sniper780

53 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

I believe, I have to fill in a  cn23 form and also comply with local German law regarding airsoft so either a white F-in-a-pentagon mark or completely remove the gear box and send the SVD body and gearbox in two separate  consignment I am on the right track so far?

Note that the F stamp shows compliance with German regulations, if it does not already have the F stamp then you can’t (legally) add it

Dismantling and sending in separate packages is smuggling

If you do any of those then you’re accepting the loss if it gets destroyed by German customs 

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Note that the F stamp shows compliance with German regulations, if it does not already have the F stamp then you can’t (legally) add it

if you modify the gun to comply would that count? ie semi auto only and sub 1j muzzle energy?

19 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if you modify the gun to comply would that count? ie semi auto only and sub 1j muzzle energy?

No.

A good friend of mine lives there, and I accidentally sent him a gun.

Bear with me, I sent him a body to design some parts for, and a few months later we agreed part payment would be some internals.

Not a deliberate smuggle, and he assures me he hasn’t assembled it (individual parts are fine) HOWEVER the F mark is added by the German equivalent of a U.K. proof house (Pre-approved models obviously come with the F), at a cost of about £170, so he has to modify the parts before he assembles it, then get it proofed.

Having an over powered airsoft toy is apparently the equivalent of owning a firearm that requires an FAC without one in this country, very naughty.

As is putting a fake proof mark on the toy

I have sold guns out side the UK twice never again. both times they went walkies once they were out the UK and the carrier's wouldn't cover RIFs. I really wouldn't bother even if you can get a carrier it could end up being very exspensive for you.

I recently sold a rare pistol to German chap on here. (Who was and is a decent guy)

Long story short, don't bother. Tracking number went dark, courier wasn't interested, I assume it was destroyed by the Germans.

I send RIFs to the states and to a few European countries with little hassle. 

Germany, they have some very strict laws and it's on my shit list.

Thankyou all for the responses, info and clarification on this subject. 

It is as I surmised but I thought it best to check with the collective knowledge of this forum as you never know, I may have missed something  and better safe than sorry. 

I will let the interested party know.  

Thankyou all once again for the help greatly appreciated. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.