Russian Pistols

strykerles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So starting a russian loadout, SVD, greyshop stuff on route

Now I want a sidearm, I know there are verisons of the Tokarev and the Makarov but which would be best?

I think some branches even use glocks (I already have a G17)

Anyone have experiences with the other pistols?

thanks

Edited by strykerles

• Supporters

depends on what period of history you're going for.

there's the raptor Grach, which seems to have mixed reviews, some folk on here have them hopefully they'll swing by to let us know how they're doing.

there's the makarov, which afaik there are 4 versions- ics and kwc do non blowback versions which i don't know much about aside from the kwc having a pretty big issue with power.

for blowback there's WE and KWC. the kwc is co2, snappy as hell, but only a single action trigger, slightly "off" in many of its dimensions (ie it looks weird), non-standard hop means how it shoots out of the box is how it shoots (although not that bad all things considered), comes at "you have got to be joking" fps (although they can be tweaked to bring this down to sensible levels as mine was before i got it), and of course CO2 and all the long term reliability that entails.

the WE imo is the best of the bunch, decently snappy, more comfy than the kwc the proper single/double action with pretty good (by airsoft standards) trigger pulls in both, with a few minor tweaks you can get hilarious range/accuracy on good ammo, and snappy enough. of course as with many WE's they don't like the cold.

the tokarev afaik had WE and src versions, don't really know that much about either of them. but tbh outside of a ww2 through early cold war loadout it's gonna be a bit dated.

i also beleive there's nagant revolvers floating around as well, although we're getting pretty niche by this point.

personally, i'd say the WE makarov is the best bet, not bad performance wise and thematically can fit most loadouts from the cold war right up to the modern day (although granted the grach and/or g17 would be better fits)

There is a raptor grach thread i started. Might be worth a read.

After a month. The mags still hold enough gas to fire.  Though not far enough back to lock the slide (which it doesnt do much of anyway).  

The mags suffer with bad ice build up, slow leaks for a period after firing.  Part of me hopes the valve can be changed for an aftermarket one.  But not looked too far into this option.  Are they interchangeable?

The chamber in the slide pisses gas.  Probably why it doesnt have enough blow back to lock.  I did change the oring as recommended on another thread.  Seemed a slight improvement but not perfect. 

Half wondering if i should use the marui weaker green gas.  Maybe then it wont force out so much?

Black gas short strokes.  Fires one but doesnt cycle the slide at all.

Ramble over

Edited by kasaran

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.