Can Anyone Help Me Find What's Wrong With My Mags? it Has Been Doing This to All 3 of My 1911 Mags

Soistu

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you've switched co2 bulb brands you can get that issue. Different brands of bulb can have slightly different shapes on the top if the bulb. Some are tapered and some are flat. The seal in the mag can bed in to one type and when you give it a different type it no longer seals properly. You can buy seal replacement kits. Assuming this is a kwc mag you could try https://ebog-designs.co.uk/collections/cybergun-kwc-1911-co2/products/ebog-deisgns-cybergun-kwc-1911-co2-co2-bulb-piercing-valve-replacement-seal (which I'm guessing are home made) or you can get official replacement seal kits for more. Best of luck with this! 

Looks to me like it's coming out the top. So you need replacement seals for the exhaust valve or just the whole valve. Possible a clean and grease may work but in my experience co2 seal's don't last long.

6 hours ago, Daveoc33 said:

If you've switched co2 bulb brands you can get that issue. Different brands of bulb can have slightly different shapes on the top if the bulb. Some are tapered and some are flat. The seal in the mag can bed in to one type and when you give it a different type it no longer seals properly. You can buy seal replacement kits. Assuming this is a kwc mag you could try https://ebog-designs.co.uk/collections/cybergun-kwc-1911-co2/products/ebog-deisgns-cybergun-kwc-1911-co2-co2-bulb-piercing-valve-replacement-seal (which I'm guessing are home made) or you can get official replacement seal kits for more. Best of luck with this! 

Would this still work for elite force mags?

Should work yes. The elite force 1911 is made by kwc. Elite force, cybergun, umarex co2 1911s are made by kwc. I do think heroshark makes a good point here though. The gas is indeed coming out the top not around the sides, which makes me think I've told you the wrong seal is at fault. Might be worth removing the exhaust valve and giving the valve itself a dose of silicone oil and there's a o ring is inside the mag itself which will need silicone oil too. If you look at this diagram you'll see the 2 o rings: https://www.airsoftstation.com/elite-force-kwc-1911-co2-blowback-airsoft-pistol-magazine-release-valve/

If the o ring inside the mag has gone you can likely just replace it so long as you can find out the correct size. If the o ring onside the valve has gone I think you'll need an new valve. I've had a quick look on one of mine and I can't see how you get inside it to replace it. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.