RAF Honiley 25th June / Begginner Gun

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I went to my first skirmish yesterday at RAF Honiley and all I can say was that it was great, did anyone else go?

Also, when playing at Honiley I had a bad experience with the AUG and I was just wondering what other good guns there are under maybe £200, also what sort of face protection should I get that doesn't steam up, because the hire mask wouldn't stop steaming up?

EDIT: I would like a gun with a designated fire selector not like the AUG with a two stage trigger and preferable a clear version because I don't really want a two tone

Long post I know but help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

• Supporters

You picked a brilliant site for your first skirmish. I've been airsofting on/off for nearly ten years now and Honiley is the site I've been most excited by, over and over and over!

I would have sold my left kidney (or my right, or both) to be at Honiley yesterday, but I'm home from Uni for the summer. Honiley is however, part of my usual local site :)

The G&G combat machine series, and the CA Sportsline series are pretty good, however you'll need to play a few more times over a few months (3 times in no less than 2 months), before you can buy a plain-colours airsoft weapon. Before then, you'll have to buy a two tone, or clear bodied gun (this only applies if you are over 18. If you are still a minor, you cannot buy anything, but your parents can buy you a two-tone; if they want to buy a plain colours gun for you, they'd also need to play the minimum amount).

I'd advise trying to find a two-tone combat machine. They're good enough and cheap enough that for £200 you'll get the gun and some decent accessories, some face protection (full face minimum if you're under 18, glasses at the minimum if you're over).

Since you played honiley, I'd assume you'd be best to check out this website HERE, they're the people who run the skirmishes down on honiley, so they're probably local to you. Go visit them in their shop (in berkswell and balsall common) and they'll probably have some bits in that come under your budget/requirements - whatever they may be, which they'll show and explain to you - they're a great bunch of people and have plenty of time for anyone.

Cheers,

Tom.

• Supporters

The link I gave you is to the grange, the people who run Honiley, they have another site and a shop you can walk into 7 days a week between 9am and 6pm, they stock face protection in all its forms and a couple of clear guns at any one time; they WILL let you try stuff on the range before you buy it.

Other places:

Fire-support - These guys have clear guns and eye/face protection

Actionhobbies - As above, clear/two tone guns and eye/face protection

There are other places, but they escape memory at the moment. I usually buy from the above two anyways (or I always did).

I have been looking on the Actionhobbies website and I saw a Classic Army M15 A4 and I was wondering if it was any good, also I don't want to buy from the Grange becasue I was looking yesterday and all the stuff was very expensive, I may buy clothing from there but not a gun

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/King-Arms-M...dy_AS4SI.aspx?0

King Arms are good, you could also change the all the clear parts when you can get rifs if you still have it. I have no experience of king arms, i'm sure other people have. only problem its dead on your budget, but i have heard they are a good.

Yeh I had a look at this, bit expensive, I'm only 15 so it is a while until I can get UKARA so I might get it as my second AEG,

So any M4 mags will fit the M15?

• Supporters

Pretty much; some fit and feed better than others, so stick to the main brands if you can (KA being one of them; STAR, who also do MagPul green label are also good).

A few types of mag wont fit in standard M4s - such as the new TM M4 with the recoil which uses proprietary mags.

If I got those I would have to invest in a vest, don't want to be carrying round 10 mags in my pockets, thanks, what material do you reckon the VN mags are made from, the ones I posted, are they plastic

If I got those I would have to invest in a vest, don't want to be carrying round 10 mags in my pockets, thanks, what material do you reckon the VN mags are made from, the ones I posted?

Every magazine I have ever seen is metal and you can get some pretty cheap vest if your worried about price I think the shop near me (combat south) are selling viper tec vest for £20 and there really nice.

when i zoom in oon the picture i can just make out

'material plastic' on the box

Really for that much?

That cant be right?

And in that case would these fit in if so there way better for the price.

Or this and this looks metal?

Yeh might have to have a look at some vests and also I wanted to bet a couple mags not just to buy them singularly, I might not get the pmags because they look horrible, with a capital H, although I didn't put one in, I saw a box of m16 mags I meant to post them but got the wrong link, here we go

Archived