Best Anti-fog Eye Protection 2021?

BoneyT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

That will be me then.

Oh, very nice.  Do you have details for those fans?  Diameter, nominal voltage?  3.3V used to be a thing, but everything seems to want 5V or 12V now.

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, very nice.  Do you have details for those fans?  Diameter, nominal voltage?  3.3V used to be a thing, but everything seems to want 5V or 12V now.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000817889763.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1c7f4c4d94qWz3

I use the 5v option. You could probably run the 12v but I'd imagine the noise will be higher on those.

• Supporters

Thanks, chap, ordered up now. I was having trouble finding side-blowers like that on eBay.

As God is my witness, I will find a low profile glasses solution that works.

On 12/06/2021 at 10:39, heroshark said:

I have the secret of 100% no fog polycarbonate eyepro. I just keep it to myself to keep up sales.

Well yeah, lets all drill holes in the polycarb till its 80% not there and call it protection

Just get a Warq, end of all your fogging and protection worries

On 15/09/2021 at 11:24, mightyjebus said:

That will be me then. 

Doing a bit of testing currently and 5 games in with zero fog. That's a mixture of woodland and CQB sites. Mate used the 2nd set this weekend at UCAP Vendetta and zero fog for the whole game.

To set the scene a little I had sweat running into my eyes at some point and still the glasses were fog free.

For the design I could probably ditch the variable control as I run them at full speed most of the time. They probably could run at low or medium most of the time but because the fans are almost silent I just leave it on full. The whole thing runs off a small USB charger and lasts the whole day.glasses.thumb.jpg.ba98c316794aaf5f558273e7dc8fa450.jpge glasses1.thumb.jpg.318893bd8ec670a664c0bbd523ac3134.jpg

it's not really a viable commercial product as it involves a bit of double sided sticky tape and using electrical tape to hold the wires to the legs of the glasses. I've only used it on my glasses and i need to make adjustments for a mates Wiley X frame (actually the legs are wider so I need to make the housing longer to fit over the bump).

That's the one! Those fans look tiny!! What fans are they?

Low tech solution here - dual pane glasses from Pyramex I-force slim.

Using them with FogStop they were perfect EXCEPT when you pelt it to the 4th floor of C wing and then stand in the corridor defending “Dave” (UCAP VENDATTA players will know!) when I started to fog up in the left lens only (my shooting eye and the only one I wear a contact lens in…weird!)

I then took a dremel to the outer gasket frame part (having removed it from the main glasses body) and opened up the scalloped areas to allow more air flow. Still can’t fit a BB through the gap and none should be coming directly UP or DOWN anyway!

Result is now that I do get a tiny strip of fog at the top of the lens, probably because the baseball cap slows the airflow but the main part of the lens stays clear.

Pics below show one side modified vs the standard vent size

5744A66F-5199-4ABC-A2B0-D465B4E34749.jpeg

2C4EB177-0A4D-4997-9879-1F18003E03A3.jpeg

Edited by SSPKali

• Supporters
On 18/09/2021 at 12:09, SSPKali said:

I then took a dremel to the outer gasket frame part (having removed it from the main glasses body) and opened up the scalloped areas to allow more air flow.

Yup, I did exactly the same. Used with either Cat Crap, or (better for me) Revision wipes, iForces nearly work.  I'm on my 2nd set of inner lenses, just PETG plastic and double sided foam tape.  But on a humid day, standing still after running, and wearing lower face mesh, a fan is still the difference between victory and victimhood.

While I wait for those little side blowers to show up, I bought another set of generic EN166B goggles from Toolstation, dual paned them, poked ventilation holes around the seal with a hot awl, and cable tied a 50cm blower and tubing on.  Great success, and the blower is the key component, even if only for a few minutes a day.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.