Tm G3 Sg/1 Upgrade Path

Graham Ranson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a stock TM G3 SG1 ( as well as an MC51 ) that was bought back in the early/mid naughts and hoping to get back into playing but for the time being can't.

Was thinking of getting the SG1 upgraded but not sure where to start.

I'd like to get it shooting a bit more consistently and would love to remove some of the TM creak if possible.

Was thinking of just selling it and getting a modern version but the main options seem to be JG or LCT but as I prefer reuse over repurchase thought it'd be good to maybe bring this gun up to a better standard.

Please assume I know nothing about upgrading or AEG internals myself, because that's correct, and I'd love to learn.

If they are 15ish year old guns they need servicing rather than just upgrading. Frist clean the barrel. Mostly like hop rubber needs replacing. If that doesn't improve performance next step is to open up the gear box. Check the gears are ok, clean it re shim the gears change the seals on the piston head. Regards the body you could fit external braces like on the PSG 1 or find an after market body( rare and exspensive). If you replace them only metal body guns are classic army or an LCT JG are plastic only. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials on taking apart gearboxes 

Hi bud, I LOVE a G3 , I have the JG model as my back up and I know what you mean about creaky 😂

Zib Militaria sell real steel parts for not a lot of money , so here is my suggestion………

Buy some real steel parts from them http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/100028

Send it all to Negative Airsoft to get it built to be the best it can be, Luke also loves a G3 and he would make a cracking video about doing the build & modifications to the gnu 👍

Definite questions on it being worth it, given that you'll probably want to try and source a metal body, etc. but given that you do, PDI do a internal barrel reinforcement that helps reduce the flex up front a lot.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.