External Rail Upgrade

_Shatteredamethyst

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Keep it a CQB-R :P

(fuck M-Lok, Keymod or any other fancy attachment system, good old picatinny is where it's at for cool points)

Edited by Skara

• Supporters
On 11/06/2021 at 09:09, Skara said:

Keep it a CQB-R :P

(fuck M-Lok, Keymod or any other fancy attachment system, good old picatinny is where it's at for cool points)

You old fuddy duddy.

• Supporters
On 10/06/2021 at 20:08, _Shatteredamethyst said:

I currently have a TM M4 CQB-R and I'm looking to upgrade the external rail but unsure what its compatible.

Any help would be great!

Ignore the boring farts, is it NGRS or standard?

In any case a new outer barrel is required because of the delta/gas block assembly being in the way

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Skara said:

In any case a new outer barrel is required because of the delta/gas block assembly being in the way

I was getting to that!

Assuming it's the same as every other Marui with a front sight block I've ever had, you can just knock the pins out and remove the front sight block. Once that's off it's a simple case of unscrewing the barrel nut. Shouldn't be any need for a new outer barrel unless I'm wildly mistaken, unless the OP is simply more comfortable not having to do any of the aforementioned.

Edit: I'm aware saying 'just' and 'simple case' is very easy to say when you've done it multiple times. But there are a decent portion of resources to guide through the removal of a front sight block out there.

Edited by alxndrhll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.