Looking for Help With Cold War Kit - Weighing up British and Other Options

FreeFrag.UK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

16 hours ago, Iceni said:

The OP makes no mention of been Gunman exclusive, You brought that into the mix.

Well, unless he wants to skirmish in such kit, then Gunman are the ONLY providers of a Cold War game currently within the UK.  As I have been speaking the OP he has indicated he prefers themed games so it was not a bad assumption in the end.

On 14/06/2021 at 16:25,  Danno46 said:

Thanks,  might have to try them out for hard to get bits.

I was also at the last RedMist game so probably swapped some plastic deth at some point !

What side?  I play East German

I was on the British side, the squad I was with had a guy with the mortar, Got to say I’m very impressed with the East German uniforms and equipment you guys use. 

Are you at the next one in August ? 

On 16/06/2021 at 20:47, Danno46 said:

On 14/06/2021 at 16:25,  Danno46 said:

Thanks,  might have to try them out for hard to get bits.

I was also at the last RedMist game so probably swapped some plastic deth at some point !

What side?  I play East German

I was on the British side, the squad I was with had a guy with the mortar, Got to say I’m very impressed with the East German uniforms and equipment you guys use. 

Are you at the next one in August ? 

Sure will be.

Yeh, it looks nice but the webbing falls apart the second you try to go prone.  East German is easy to do as its so easily available and cheap.

You guys had a mortar?  We had an RPG.... :)

King arms are finally re-releasing their FAL/SLR line towards the end of this year. Best wait for them. Far cheaper than better than Ares. Other than that, Brit Cold War stuff is cheep, numerous and you can even use more modern DPM if you aren't that bothered about accuracy. Just depends on how far you want to take it but its one of the more easy historic loadouts to make.

19 hours ago, Armo1000 said:

King arms are finally re-releasing their FAL/SLR line towards the end of this year. Best wait for them. Far cheaper than better than Ares. Other than that, Brit Cold War stuff is cheep, numerous and you can even use more modern DPM if you aren't that bothered about accuracy. Just depends on how far you want to take it but its one of the more easy historic loadouts to make.

Are they definitely going to re/release it, it’s been rumoured for a long time 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.