Need a Starting Kit for a Version 3 Gearbox

Lstann

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

i'd argue the v3 box is easier than the v2, although more due to it featuring in designs where getting it out of the gun in the first place is a hell of a lot easier.

however for hpa that's much less relevant.

i'd suggest having a read through here:

the short version is for the most part simply installing an hpa engine into your standard v2/v3 box is gonna be pretty straightforward, at least compared to trying to work on them as conventional gearboxes.

where you might struggle here is in the specific choice of the AEG.

there are 2 key areas:

the nozzle might be a different length, if it is then there tends to be a range of options available for each engine, although you may have to go with a longer nozzle and turn it down to length yourself.

the 2-stage trigger. if i'm remembering AUG's (and owners can chime in on this to point out if i've gone wrong somewhere) but the first set of contacts uses the original ak style trigger/cutoff lever, with a second set of contacts mounted externally.

you have 2 avenues to solve this:

if you don't care about select fire (for example if you're building this as a cqb or dmr platform) and can forgo auto then you can likely use the standard v3 trigger board, you'll still be able to set it to auto via the fcu settings but this isn't a field expedient thing.

if you do care about select fire/maintaining the 2-stage trigger then you can use the universal plugboard and wire it up to the original trigger contacts, can't say for sure having not tried it but i reckon it'd be a case of wiring the trigger normally and wiring the second set of contacts on the trigger to the selector contacts on the board.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.