Another Idiot Bringing the Game in to Disrepute.

John_W

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Well, it's hard to feel any sympathy for him, especially given that he tried to throw airsoft under the cattle train.

I will note that these sort of sad LARPers aren't generally a direct threat though.  They're having too much fun bragging about what they're going to do to actually do any of it.

It's the loner loonies like Thomas Mair that put their agenda into practice.  You could even make an argument that Nazi clubs are a way to keep Nazis safely neutralised, with their ranks and rules and pledges of allegiance and what-not.

I mean, when's the last time you heard a neighbour on the news say "He was ever such a fascist chap, always telling us his plans, we all expected this."

On 11/06/2021 at 20:30, Rogerborg said:

It's the loner loonies like Thomas Mair that put their agenda into practice.  You could even make an argument that Nazi clubs are a way to keep Nazis safely neutralised, with their ranks and rules and pledges of allegiance and what-not.

I dunno about that. Several of the people convicted of planning acts of terrorism have been members of these little clubs, e.g. Jack Renshaw and numerous other members of National Action, and five members of the British branch of Atomwaffen. Letting oxygen thieves gang up seems to be proving a problem globally.

On 11/06/2021 at 20:30, Rogerborg said:

I mean, when's the last time you heard a neighbour on the news say "He was ever such a fascist chap, always telling us his plans, we all expected this."

I think my favourite is the reaction of the neighbours of Darren Osborne (perpetrator of the 2017 Finsbury Mosque vehicle attack). A neighbour who wished to remain anonymous opined that "He’s always been a complete cunt but this is really surprising."

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

Several of the people convicted of planning acts of terrorism have been members of these little clubs

That's my point, they love planning them, and creating lots of lovely self incrimination and opportunities to rat each other out.  But they rarely do it.  All talk and no pogrom.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.