Ak M24

OwnDemon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello

I'm a total noob at this stuff but I'm interested... So that's a start :P.

I have bought an A&K M24 with the purpose of upgrading it, without throwing too much of the internals away.
The upgrades I currently have installed:

• Autobot hop bucking 60° (Maple Leaf)
  • 430 mm Maple Leaf, precision barrel - Crazy Jet

I also have the following upgrades, but haven't installed them yet:

• 9mm M140 spring
  • Omega HopUp Nub (Maple Leaf)

What I still want to buy 

• HopUp CNC Roller Shape lever (TM-vsr rifles) - hop arm.

My questions are: 

1. How do I unscrew the cylinder head so I can change my spring. I have tried pliers etc, but it's so hard to remove, because of this my cylinderhead already has some scratches.
    Once I've replaced the spring, I will also wrap the cylinder head in some telfon tape to make it more airtight.

2. I think I'm off to a good start with these upgrades, or so I want to believe. The max FPS here (Belgium) is 500.
    Would you suggest any other upgrades, or any other things I could/should do?

3. Any other advice?

• Supporters

it does sound like you're on the right lines. i don't know enough about that particular model to suggest if things like sears etc are worth considering.

can't really help with the cylinder head, sounds like it might just be on there real tight?

On 04/06/2021 at 14:35, Adolf Hamster said:

it does sound like you're on the right lines. i don't know enough about that particular model to suggest if things like sears etc are worth considering.

can't really help with the cylinder head, sounds like it might just be on there real tight?

Well that's some good news that I'm not totally screwing it up :P.

Yea I might need to go to a shop for some advice for the cylinder head, cause I already tried a drizzle of oil and boiling water but nothing seemed to help. 

@OwnDemon take a very close look around the top end of the cylinder and check there isn’t a pin that has been painted over as some gun companies pin the heads into place

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.