Nu 2 AFUK Plz No Bully

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

*Ahem*

So, hi guys, and hello airsoft world: it is a comeback because I had left.  Apologies for not answering the messages in my inbox from last year: when it all went wong and sites shuttered for the 2nd time (3rd? I lost count), I logged out and haven't been back since then. I couldn't bear to talk about airsoft without playing it, and it was certainly healthier for my bank balance to not keep buying stuff that I couldn't use. ;)

But woo and also hoo, we're back, baby, indoors and out, and it's even better after a break.  Sadly the excellent local indoor site, the Depot, died the real death and has never come back, but we're got a decent new outdoor site near Glasgow at Area66, so it's all good.

OK, I did make a few tech purchases. My plucky plastic Galaxy MP5K with an M100 spring, mosfet, Big Dragon M140 and the air seal spot on is now shooting at 1.04J / 335fps on a 110mm barrel, and snappier than a snapping turtle playing snap while drinking Snapple.

I've even just made my first purchase of a toy over £100.  Sure, I felt a bit dirty, but I have stuck to my policy of perversity and having previously bought a long M4 to hacksaw it down, I've now bought a short one (Specna Arms Edge Colt 933) in order to barrel-extend and DMR it.  Quick change gearbox, yes please.  I've even (looks around guiltily) sprung for surplus DPM for a full impression kit of "generic airsofter on a budget".

I'll catch up now and see how lockdown-and-release has been treating everyone.

Don't you worry, we managed to figure out you were at the very least still alive via your activity in the Negative YouTube comments 😅.

Glad you wound up with some positive news on the site front, I'm looking forward to your incoming 'wat am best gnu under £100 2021 edition?' thread 👀.

My spidey sense also says that DPM is about to hit an upswing in terms of gucci appeal (I don't think it's ever truly gone out of fashion, but I can't shake this feeling it's about to become very in fashion). It's long since been replaced by MTP in the 'generic airsofter on a budget' stakes.

Edited by alxndrhll

• Supporters
1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

Don't you worry, we managed to figure out you were at the very least still alive via your activity in the Negative YouTube comments 😅.

Glad you wound up with some positive news on the site front, I'm looking forward to your incoming 'wat am best gnu under £100 2021 edition?' thread 👀.

My spidey sense also says that DPM is about to hit an upswing in terms of gucci appeal (I don't think it's ever truly gone out of fashion, but I can't shake this feeling it's about to become very in fashion). It's long since been replaced by MTP in the 'generic airsofter on a budget' stakes.

Ah, right, I did indulge myself with some Luke rants.  Yes, I'm enjoying the outdoor life at Area 66. It's a dual paintball site with loads of cover, some great build work, and it's just the right size without spending half the day thrashing through brambles.

I'm liking the DPM.  Granted camo in airsoft is mostly wishful thinking, and MTP works well enough if you're standing up against tree trunks, but that's the point: the only time camo actually does anything in airsoft is if you're still and near the ground, ideally in or around something bushy.  At that point DPM pops up and says "Hey, remember me? I was designed for this environment, and eyeballs haven't changed since then."

31 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

image.png.fbd8fbf143cdce642eb44299747a7a63.png

From outer space.  I did just break out the Space Soldier kit last Sunday for indoor.  It's such a laugh, folk sort of blinking then studiously looking past it in the safe zone, then sidling up during the say and saying "Imperial Guard?  Niiice.  The planet broke before the guard did." and similar admissions of nerdiness. :D

Just now, Speedbird_666 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Member (post count: 3) welcomes member (post count: 4618 and counting) to the forums.

Try harder next time....😉

Gotta pump those numbers up, while definitely not being suspicious at all, before starting to send PM's to folks with wanted ads up claiming your uncle has exactly what they're after... which is also definitely not suspcious at all.

GIF version. | Congratulations, You Played Yourself | Know Your Meme

• Supporters

Who the fuck is this guy? You people are acting like he's one of the lads or something.......

J/k, welcome back dude, although the effect of this is now spoiled by the lack of text size changing on mobile.....

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

*Ahem*

So, hi guys, and hello airsoft world: it is a comeback because I had left.  Apologies for not answering the messages in my inbox from last year: when it all went wong and sites shuttered for the 2nd time (3rd? I lost count), I logged out and haven't been back since then. I couldn't bear to talk about airsoft without playing it, and it was certainly healthier for my bank balance to not keep buying stuff that I couldn't use. ;)

But woo and also hoo, we're back, baby, indoors and out, and it's even better after a break.  Sadly the excellent local indoor site, the Depot, died the real death and has never come back, but we're got a decent new outdoor site near Glasgow at Area66, so it's all good.

OK, I did make a few tech purchases. My plucky plastic Galaxy MP5K with an M100 spring, mosfet, Big Dragon M140 and the air seal spot on is now shooting at 1.04J / 335fps on a 110mm barrel, and snappier than a snapping turtle playing snap while drinking Snapple.

I've even just made my first purchase of a toy over £100.  Sure, I felt a bit dirty, but I have stuck to my policy of perversity and having previously bought a long M4 to hacksaw it down, I've now bought a short one (Specna Arms Edge Colt 933) in order to barrel-extend and DMR it.  Quick change gearbox, yes please.  I've even (looks around guiltily) sprung for surplus DPM for a full impression kit of "generic airsofter on a budget".

I'll catch up now and see how lockdown-and-release has been treating everyone.

The prodigal son returns 😉

There will be empty shelves up and down the country lol.

He has ammased a fortune after his wanderings and now he's back to buy! 👍

Welcome back

Regards 

• Supporters

Well, we'll see if Mrs Borg finds the receipts from tomorrow's delivery.  All she knows is that it's less than what I got for the motorbike I just sold.  I just hope that she doesn't ask about the running total... ;) 

Good to have you back.

I completely understand how you feel, I’ve been like that with live music, my absolute passion

• Supporters
4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Good to have you back.

I completely understand how you feel, I’ve been like that with live music, my absolute passion

Oof, has that picked up again yet?  I've been studiously avoiding keeping track of the latest lockdown diktats, but I understand that Glasgow Toon is still a level-tier-3-deathzone to the anguish of the remaining hospitality venues. :( 

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Oof, has that picked up again yet?  I've been studiously avoiding keeping track of the latest lockdown diktats, but I understand that Glasgow Toon is still a level-tier-3-deathzone to the anguish of the remaining hospitality venues. :( 

Not yet, it should be in a month or so.🤞🏻

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.