Intermittent Feeding Issue Question?

SilentSparky

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm after some advice, my CYMA AK has developed an intermittent feeding issue.  Last time out worked fine, just after chrono time last weekend and the issue started.

I guestimate that the hop rubber and nub have had 3k rounds through it, so assume that's not worn out, visually they look fine when I took apart to inspect.

Spec; Standard barrel, Maple Leaf Macaron hop rubber, Omega nub, Aluminum nozzle.. the only change since last game are the BB's, I've gone from Guarder non bio's .25's to Valkyrie .25's.

It also maybe my imagination, but early in the mag it seems less of an issue.  I'm thinking that for whatever reason the Valkyrie's are a fraction larger/tighter tolerances? so when there's more spring pressure from a full mag they're working, but as pressure drops, issues start.

I happened to watch Negative Airsoft's latest YouTube yesterday and the solution mentioned was to take a small amount of material off of the hop rubber to help the BB's feed in some cases or is there something else I should be checking?

Any advice would be great before I start hacking at stuff 🙂

q.jpg

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, SilentSparky said:

the only change since last game are the BB's, I've gone from Guarder non bio's .25's to Valkyrie .25's.

that'd be the first place i'd look.

could be a rougher finish/size difference making it bind up in the mag a bit more.

used to have no end of trouble with feeding until realising the problem was the ammo, switched to geoffs and never had a problem since.

24 minutes ago, SilentSparky said:

I happened to watch Negative Airsoft's latest YouTube yesterday and the solution mentioned was to take a small amount of material off of the hop rubber to help the BB's feed in some cases or is there something else I should be checking?

whilst this can be done, it's oh so very easy to fuck it up and end up with a rough/poorly sealing surface on the feedlip.

i prefer just changing rubbers to something like the PDI W-hold with standard nub, not as good as the maple leaf for the heavy stuff but can handle up to the .32g range well enough.

Thanks for the reply,  I'll grab some different BB's to see if that is the cause 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2021 at 17:00, Adolf Hamster said:

that'd be the first place i'd look.

could be a rougher finish/size difference making it bind up in the mag a bit more.

used to have no end of trouble with feeding until realising the problem was the ammo, switched to geoffs and never had a problem since.

whilst this can be done, it's oh so very easy to fuck it up and end up with a rough/poorly sealing surface on the feedlip.

i prefer just changing rubbers to something like the PDI W-hold with standard nub, not as good as the maple leaf for the heavy stuff but can handle up to the .32g range well enough.

I agree, bb's will most likely be your culprit. I can't use anything other the asg devil bbs with my maple leaf, any other brands jam.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.