Umarex/Vfc Mp7a1 V2 Battery

NathanW8

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've just ordered a Umarex/VFC MP7A1 V2. I've read contradicting information about what battery to use. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has experience running an 11.1v lipo on the V2 at around 330-340fps to know if they had any issues.

Thanks,

Nathan

Screenshot_20210602-024119_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210602-024019_Chrome.jpg

Guest Mr. No_Face
1 hour ago, NathanW8 said:

Hi all,

I've just ordered a Umarex/VFC MP7A1 V2. I've read contradicting information about what battery to use. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has experience running an 11.1v lipo on the V2 at around 330-340fps to know if they had any issues.

Thanks,

Nathan

Screenshot_20210602-024119_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210602-024019_Chrome.jpg

I ordered the VFC mp7 gen 2 from defcon too but my order was apparently damaged in transit. Did this happen to you? I have a feeling they just ran out of stock since they sold out so damn fast?

EDIT: As far as I know it's recommended that you actually do use 11.1v lipo with it. Should run fine

Edited by Mr. No_Face

@Mr. No_Face I ordered it form Land Warrior. It just arrived and works fine. It does however come with some paperwork that shows it only shoots at 303fps and to only to use a 7.4v Lipo. I suspect they might have detuned it, and recommend to use a 7.4v to avoid having to repair it under warranty. Later I'll chrono it and as its got a quick change spring I'll pop it out and have a look at it. If you want mags the only place I found with stock is powair6. They also do the rails and 12mm cw to 14mm ccw adapter.

20210603_154308.jpg

Guest Mr. No_Face
2 hours ago, NathanW8 said:

@Mr. No_Face I ordered it form Land Warrior. It just arrived and works fine. It does however come with some paperwork that shows it only shoots at 303fps and to only to use a 7.4v Lipo. I suspect they might have detuned it, and recommend to use a 7.4v to avoid having to repair it under warranty. Later I'll chrono it and as its got a quick change spring I'll pop it out and have a look at it. If you want mags the only place I found with stock is powair6. They also do the rails and 12mm cw to 14mm ccw adapter.

20210603_154308.jpg

Hmm....You sure they didn't just give you a shite Gen 1 in a Gen 2 Receiver? Nah, just joking 😁but.....

The low FPS isn't that bad although it's the opposite to what I typically hear about those with Gen 2's. Usually the AEG is firing too hot for CQB venues and they have to replace the spring. So the FPS being low is actually a good thing and as you said; may be the result of altering from the vendor in this instance.

Personally, I have only ever heard 11.1vs as recommendations but this could be another suggestion for maintenance and longevity.  I'd still use a 11.1v though.

Btw Is there a button on top of the RIS rail because If there isn't,  you got yourself a Gen 1.😐

And thanks for the referral for magazines gonna need that!

@Mr. No_Face It's a gen 2 and does have the release button. I think the import version shoots a little hot at around 370fps. I've had a look at the spring and its very short and stiff. Looks like I'll have to cut down a few different springs to try out. With it running at 300fps I think a 11.1v might risk premature engagement, so I'll wait until its upto 340fps.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea if you hit 300-ish fps (mine from LandWarrior goes 310) it double cycles on semi every few shots. I have literally same issue with my ICS guns that were downgraded to UK market tad bit too much. I run mine at 7.4v for now since I have more of these that fit the damn thing to begin with but after I get apropriate spring to get it to 345-350 range I would probably swap to 11.1v and see how it goes. For now it sometimes can lock up on semi if you spam the trigger - needs to swap into full auto, fire a burst and can go back to semi. With cutoff on empty I never know whether it locked up or just need to reload since mags are quite tight (if you load them full the bendy joint follower can get stuck and you need to disassemble the whole magazine... I personally run them at 90rds)

Edited by ziCk_

• 1 year later...
On 15/06/2021 at 09:48, ziCk_ said:

Yea if you hit 300-ish fps (mine from LandWarrior goes 310) it double cycles on semi every few shots. I have literally same issue with my ICS guns that were downgraded to UK market tad bit too much. I run mine at 7.4v for now since I have more of these that fit the damn thing to begin with but after I get apropriate spring to get it to 345-350 range I would probably swap to 11.1v and see how it goes. For now it sometimes can lock up on semi if you spam the trigger - needs to swap into full auto, fire a burst and can go back to semi. With cutoff on empty I never know whether it locked up or just need to reload since mags are quite tight (if you load them full the bendy joint follower can get stuck and you need to disassemble the whole magazine... I personally run them at 90rds)

Hello mate, i just bought this mp7 v2, mine has the problem as yours, sometimes it locks in semi, have you found any fixes?

• 2 months later...
On 03/06/2021 at 18:57, Guest Mr. No_Face said:

Hmm....You sure they didn't just give you a shite Gen 1 in a Gen 2 Receiver? Nah, just joking 😁but.....

The low FPS isn't that bad although it's the opposite to what I typically hear about those with Gen 2's. Usually the AEG is firing too hot for CQB venues and they have to replace the spring. So the FPS being low is actually a good thing and as you said; may be the result of altering from the vendor in this instance.

Personally, I have only ever heard 11.1vs as recommendations but this could be another suggestion for maintenance and longevity.  I'd still use a 11.1v though.

Btw Is there a button on top of the RIS rail because If there isn't,  you got yourself a Gen 1.😐

And thanks for the referral for magazines gonna need that!

What's the button for on  mp7 top picatinny 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.