Recommended Pistols?

YungEb_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

No one's ever asked that one before 😏

Get yourself something from TM, all are good, my faves prob the hi-capa 4.3, but anything by TM will do the job superbly.

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

No one's ever asked that one before 😏

Get yourself something from TM, all are good, my faves prob the hi-capa 4.3, but anything by TM will do the job superbly.

I hear nothing but great things about TM, but for their price, a fully plastic pistol never sat right with me. 

1 hour ago, Armo1000 said:

I hear nothing but great things about TM, but for their price, a fully plastic pistol never sat right with me. 

Simple, don’t buy one. You can make almost any pistol fire as well as a TM if you throw enough money at it.

The rest of us will just by a TM lol

The answer to question what pistol to get is always TM except the M92F, it's an ancient design and has be superseded buy the M9A1.

If you don't need GBB, ASG or STTI mk23 with upgrades. A new hop rubber, barrel and hadron h-plate aren't that hard to install, but will make that pistol shoot amazingly well.

If you want GBB, I'll throw my hat in the ring for anything TM. The fact that they're plastic is part of the reason they're so good, as the lightweight slide will cycle even in winter, when most metal slide pistols will struggle. Just don't open them up and try to upgrade them, TM pistols are fantastic out of the box because of some weird voodoo pixie magic they put in there to make it shoot stupidly well.

Yeah TM's feel a bit lacking in the hand but generally work much better out of the box, especially in our cooler climate.

Otherwise just decide on a model you like and go with that. Most people use pistols far less than they anticipate.

Another +1 for anything TM. If you can live with not having a metal bodied pistol then definitely worth it. 

Action Army AAP-01 - cheap as chips, shoots like a laser out of the box due to less moving parts and static barrel, arguably the best looking Glock, multitude of upgrade parts if you end up liking it, if you don't want it it will sell like hot cakes on second hand market. Compatible with Glock mags would you want to add more realistic pistol to your collection somewhere down the line. 

79 pounds and it hits above twice the price:

Action-Army-AAP-01-Gas-Blowback-Pistol-A

With a budget of under £100, and you also don't say if you're UKARA or not so £10 of your budget may go on a two-tone job, like others have said it has to be the Action Army AAP-01.

If you don't hammer it on auto it's amazingly solid, and even if you need to two-tone it you could spend £10 on a Maple Leaf Autobot bucking as well and still be within your budget. 

18 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Simple, don’t buy one. You can make almost any pistol fire as well as a TM if you throw enough money at it.

The rest of us will just by a TM lol

Its just that most airsoft pistols end up being an occasionally used accessory anyways, and at close range (which is when you want to use a pistol) almost all of them have the same effect. So i would much rather pay £100 odd for a decent full metal WE than £150 plus for a TM. But anyway TM is not the only brand which makes quality Airsoft pistols, i could buy an Umarex glock which comes just as recommended as TM and are metal, so i really don't understand the TM hype personally. 

Edited by Armo1000

1 hour ago, Armo1000 said:

Its just that most airsoft pistols end up being an occasionally used accessory anyways, and at close range (which is when you want to use a pistol) almost all of them have the same effect. So i would much rather pay £100 odd for a decent full metal WE than £150 plus for a TM. But anyway TM is not the only brand which makes quality Airsoft pistols, i could buy an Umarex glock which comes just as recommended as TM and are metal, so i really don't understand the TM hype personally. 

So you don't use it much is a reason to buy a poorer product. who recommends Umarex glocks? Umarex are just rebranded KWA (23 year old design) or VFC never heard a good word about a VFC pistol. Also WE glock cheapest i could find £114.00 or TM £119.00 for the sake of £5 you can have a gun that will out perform the WE year round. regards the TM hype most  WE are clones of TM so no TM no WE.

Always been a huge fan of the Glock varients. Abundance amounts of parts and modding available and majority of brands are great out the box to begin with. Just my opinion 🙂

3 hours ago, Armo1000 said:

Pretty much answered your own question. It's usually someone else starts recommending them not the Op. You should get yourself one, it won't be as good as a TM but it will be metal if that's what matters it ticks your boxes.

3 hours ago, Armo1000 said:

Thats where we differ. I almost exclusively use my pistols, as I don’t skirmish I do Practical Pistol.

Over the years I’ve tried almost every brand, and nothing compares to TM yet (watch out for the GHK Glock though)

Umarex are absolute crap, VFC OEM and very poor QA. The ONLY reason they are popular is because it’s almost the only way to get a trademarked product in the US. People hate admitting they’ve bought lemons, generally. The occasional VFC, by pure chance, ends up OK. They look nice, but internals are poor.

If you must have a metal slide pistol, buy a WE Glock (£100-110), put a maple leaf hop-unit, barrel, rubber I-key in it and it will perform pretty consistently. Still won’t be a TM though.

Having pretty much exhausted every pistol on the market, I’ve settled on the TM FNX. Large mag capacity, max 80m range out of the box, ultra efficient, super snappy, optic ready. Personally, the only thing I don’t like is an open hammer, I’d rather it was like a Glock

5 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

OP asks for community to point out best pistol/brand, gets answer many times but doesn’t like the truth 😂

OP hasn't posted other than the OP we are just arguing amongst our selves 

Uhhhh... is posting links to another forum forbidden in forum rules? Please don't ban me. Full disclaimer - I don't know the seller, I just monitor variety of places for stuff I'm interested in and I just noticed this:

Action army aap01 brand new - Zero In | Airsoft Forums

Pistol+extra mag for allegedly brand new unused pistol, can work as both secondary or primary with additional attachments. Original Action Army suppressor is whatever but at this price can be consdered a freebie. If I didn't already have one I would definitely pick this one right now :)

After so many pistols, I can personally vouch for the KJW CZ75 on CO2. Literally the best out of box CO2 pistol for all weather. Couple with a single action trigger and a lightweight bbu that I made for it, it's a bloody monster.

3 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

After so many pistols, I can personally vouch for the KJW CZ75 on CO2. Literally the best out of box CO2 pistol for all weather. Couple with a single action trigger and a lightweight bbu that I made for it, it's a bloody monster.

In that case I would recommend Shadow 2 instead - adjustable competition trigger + rail for flashlight (also can mount red dot with some 3rd party mounting plate). From budget side ASG P-09 is absolute beast out of the box but there are literal 0 upgrades available on the market. Same with all CZ pistols really :(

--------------------

Here are Skara's AAP-01s - SMG setup and sidearm setup - missing mounting rails for flashlight/laser and some red dot but look at this and tell me it's not pure sex:

bLInXJ4.jpg

Edited by ziCk_

18 minutes ago, ziCk_ said:

From budget side ASG P-09 is absolute beast out of the box but there are literal 0 upgrades available on the market. Same with all CZ pistols really :(

That's not true. Granted there aren't many but really the P-09 doesn't need anything doing to it out of the box. However I have upgraded both of mine with the T-N.T APS X-System Kit (special hop rubber and inner barrel), which is designed specifically for the P-09. I don't have any exact range figures but I'm hitting very good distances and accurately, with the pistol shooting around 325 - 330FPS on a cool day and CO2 mag (for which I get 4-5 mags from a single capsule).

I'm sure it's a good pistol but I would hesitate to recommend the Shadow 2 unless someone had handled one. Mostly because they are nearly 1.3KG, compared to 840g of the P-09. That's not far off Cybergun (full-metal) Desert Eagle weight and although I own one of those, wouldn't use it as a "daily driver"

27 minutes ago, ziCk_ said:

In that case I would recommend Shadow 2 instead - adjustable competition trigger + rail for flashlight (also can mount red dot with some 3rd party mounting plate). From budget side ASG P-09 is absolute beast out of the box but there are literal 0 upgrades available on the market. Same with all CZ pistols really :(

Problem with shadow 2 is that it is much heavier, both frame and slide. My CZ75 is 950g with slide being only 90g, while the shadow 2 (when I had it) is 1229g with the slide being 152g. Huge difference in performance and handling.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.