Airsoft Mosin

strykerles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So a friend of mine has offered me a BO Dynamics spring mosin for a decent price

I can't find any reviews of this particular model

it's this one

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/bo-dynamics-mosin-nagant-1891-30

I've found reviews on the gas version but not this one

does anyone haave any experience with these??

thanks

• Supporters

It looks (supreficially) very similar to the pps mosin only with a turned down bolt handle.

The pps version is a pretty good shooter tbh, although externals aren't as tough as would be ideal, for example the front sight mounting isnt the strongest.

The magazine works ok, although it'll strip the skin from your fingers winding it open to refill and good luck fixing it if the string goes.

Assuming the bo version is the same then might be worth a punt, its a pretty fun rifle although you do gotta be in the "airsoft hard mode" mindset when using it.

with a bit of research they are made by pps for BO apparently

I've been offered it for £160, only been used twice and he got sick of reloading 😂

I do like the idea of having it and it's practically new 😁

if I don't like it after use it goes on the wall 🙄

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Neptune said:

What's with this reloading nonsense? It has a bayonet for a reason! For the glory of the Soviet Union!

not like you have ammo anyway.....

"the first man gets the rifle....."

but seriously the wheel on the mag has just the right combo of stiff and sharp to shred the skin from your fingers after a days play.

The internal sears are notorious for being made of cheese.  I had to get a custom made trigger sear done for my gas one.  The gas and spring are pretty much identical bar the bolts.  They shoot well enough.  There is a 3d printable magazine available I think on Shapeways for around £30.  

This is the replacement trigger sear 

https://www.evike.com/products/54569/

Edited by EvilMonkee

22 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

The internal sears are notorious for being made of cheese.  I had to get a custom made trigger sear done for my gas one.  The gas and spring are pretty much identical bar the bolts.  They shoot well enough.  There is a 3d printable magazine available I think on Shapeways for around £30.  

This is the replacement trigger sear 

https://www.evike.com/products/54569/

thanks for that 👍

I'm guessing cheap pot metal components?

(edit) I found the same part on fire support 😁

Edited by strykerles

Yeh Fire Support dont have it in stock so Evike is the only place I found it.  

Yeh cheap metal, it happens on some and not on others. £160 is a good price.  If you dont want to buy it point your friend my way.....

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Yeh Fire Support dont have it in stock so Evike is the only place I found it.  

Yeh cheap metal, it happens on some and not on others. £160 is a good price.  If you dont want to buy it point your friend my way.....

I'm picking it up Friday

Do you know what springs they take as I may change it to increase the power a bit?

I got the last one from fire support 😉

Edited by strykerles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.