We Apache Mp5 Sd

airfish

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If youre going to reduce the barrel length then expect less consistency and a large fps drop, i know barrel lengths dont make a big difference beyond a certain point but they are not particularly long in these anyway.

If youre going to start messing around with dampers to reduce noise you are also going to reduce recoil, at that point you might as well just get a bolt recoil one or wait and see if tm do a ngrs of the SD and save yourself a fortune.

Its your call but you seem to be buying a gun that isnt designed or built for the purpose that you have in mind.

The bolts have recoil and are quiet (no metal bolt slamming back) and as long as you dont mess with them are decent perforers, i love the WE but the bolt will perform better and more consistently and be significantly cheaper and quieter.

On 08/06/2021 at 10:00, Mad-Al said:

If youre going to reduce the barrel length then expect less consistency and a large fps drop, i know barrel lengths dont make a big difference beyond a certain point but they are not particularly long in these anyway.

You mean fps consistency or accuracy? A5 version has about 20+ cm and it does well, I want 17cm, so not that much shorter

On 08/06/2021 at 10:00, Mad-Al said:

If youre going to start messing around with dampers to reduce noise you are also going to reduce recoil, at that point you might as well just get a bolt recoil one or wait and see if tm do a ngrs of the SD and save yourself a fortune.

Its your call but you seem to be buying a gun that isnt designed or built for the purpose that you have in mind.

The bolts have recoil and are quiet (no metal bolt slamming back) and as long as you dont mess with them are decent perforers, i love the WE but the bolt will perform better and more consistently and be significantly cheaper and quieter.

Bolt recoil, you mean AEG ?

I have to also ask about something. There is guy on YT called Azrel and he made a video about we mp5 sd. He bought it pre upgraded with tnt s+ barrel and hop rubber, and he showed a target he said he shot at 20m indoors. It was better then many aegs imo, grouping was like 6-7cm. Even Marui mws at that distance goes all over A4 paper on most reviews i watched. What you guys think about that ?

As 20m both of my WE MP5s (one SD and one short front end) could achieve that grouping with nothing more than a better hop rubber and giving the inner barrel a good polish. Any of my MWS (even the PDW with the 180mm inner barrel) would be about 25% better.

For me the difference increases exponentially with range. At 40m the MWS is still shooting a measurable grouping, but the MP5s are just “on the paper (mostly!!!)”.

Assuming the FPS is the same I think the biggest differences will be (1) the hop rubber and corresponding nub, (2) the quality of the finish of the inside bore of the inner barrel, and (3) how well the inner barrel is stabilised in the outer barrel/upper receiver and (4) consistency of the air seal.

In my case I attribute most of the difference in performance between my MP5s and my MWS to the fact that my MWS have relatively expensive aftermarket barrels where as the MP5s have the stock WE barrels which I have applied some polish and elbow grease to. The rest of the performance gap will be a result of the difference in build tolerances between the Marui and the WE meaning the Marui will have a much more consistent air seal shot to shot, but there is nothing I can really do to fix that. As they are CQB guns there is no real incentive to drop the money on some expensive aftermarket barrels for the MP5s to try and close the gap and see how close its possible to get.

Thank you for your answer, its a relief what you say. Actually i've never shot a GBBR, only pistols, so idk what to expect. They say MWS is most accurate, but on Badabing reviews the accuracy test came out rather poor. From what i read, i think it will be better to buy TM gun first. I'm still very eager to own steel gbb mp5, but i think i'll hold back for a while. And they say mws can shoot 80 meters effectively, with only minor upgrade, thats tempting :-)

I have 2 Mp5s and four MWS in various configurations.

To get out to 80-85 metres with the MWS you will have to do a DMR build which means locking the gun to semi and getting up to the 450fps range and upgrading the hop so you can use heavy ammo. It’s certainly doable fairly easily (longer tight-bore barrel, NPAS, brass hop nub and hop rubber of choice).

For a 350 FPS build using ammo in the 3.2g to 3.6g weight range you are looking at about 60 - 65 metres.

65m is very good. But first what i would do is tto replace 250mm inner barrel for full length 370mm.. And maybe cylinder valve - what do you think about Ice pick ? They show very stable fps and power increase at some videos. For a carbine i'd be aiming at 450 fps.

If you are U.K. based at 450fps you will need to lock the gun to semi to comply with U.K. law.

450 FPS is easily doable with a 370mm barrel.

On 14/06/2021 at 17:24, airfish said:

Right, shame it won't be SD verion and mostly shame they dind't do GBBR instead  😕

If it sells they will do an SD version, in the mean time make your owm.  As for GBBR, that too will probablt follow eventually.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.