We Apache Mp5 Sd

airfish

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello.

I'd like to ask a few questions about this gun. Most importantly how does it perform OOTB ? And how reliable it is, meaning how does it hold up after, lets say, a couple of years (without changing anything) ?  Thanks.

Anyone own this SMG? I'd like to also know what type of inner barrel fit in this gun? I would be willing to put inside something as short as outer barrel. I don't know if TNT 17cm would be a drop in fit?

Edited by airfish

I have one, used it once completely stock out the box for 1 round. Just have it as a fun gun really. My main is a TM MWS.

Mags can be kinda awkward but thats just MP5 for you, being GBB they're heavy boys too.

Performance out of the box in 24 degree heat on Abbey Predator Ultra was fine. Not amazing, not bad. I knew the limits pretty quickly and it could hop .28s. I don't plan on making any mods although it was modified by the retailer to reduce the high FPS.

What do you mean by awkward mags? By performance you mean accuracy and range, right? I know that MWS is probalby on a different level, but how would you compare it do TM's gun? (also in blowback action) And i also wonder if the outer (and inner) barrel sits firm or is it loose and move a bit inside silencer? I want to know because of the change to a shorter barrel I mentioned I would like to make. I presume that in that case loose barrel may cause bbs hitting tip of silencer...

WE apaches are really good, the externals are incredibly tough and will take anything you throw at them (literally).

They perform well but get yourself a maple leaf hop rubber and omega nub in there as the stock rubbers are rubbish.

Rate of fire isnt insane but given the limited mag capacity i honestly see that as a bonus.

Internals are standard fare for WE, theyre okay and are cheap and easy to replace as an when they go with steel parts being available if desired.

Barrels are decent and you'll get good enough range and consistency if you really need more then barrel changes are incredibly quick and easy in these and replacements are not expensive.

Best hop unit ive ever used.

For longevity as long as you arent spamming the 3 round burst then they are actually pretty damn good but as i said if anything does go wrong they are cheap and easy to fix.

2 minutes ago, airfish said:

What do you mean by awkward mags? By performance you mean accuracy and range, right? I know that MWS is probalby on a different level, but how would you compare it do TM's gun? (also in blowback action) And i also wonder if the outer (and inner) barrel sits firm or is it loose and move a bit inside silencer? I want to know because of the change to a shorter barrel I mentioned I would like to make. I presume that in that case loose barrel may cause bbs hitting tip of silencer...

Mags are incredibly tight and the shape of them makes reloading them a slightly awkward experience.

Why would you want to put in a shorter barrel?

You can always stabalise the barrel inside the outer barrel with some wadding to stop it from moving but im not sure why you would want to?

Performance wise the tm will be better in every way except recoil, the recoil on these is great.

Thanks for reply! Rate of fire from what i saw on the internet suits me well, since it looks realistic (IMO more than VFC) Please tell me how well is the whole barrel/hop unit mounted? From what i saw its a single pin that holds it, isn't there any wobble?

59 minutes ago, Mad-Al said:

Why would you want to put in a shorter barrel?

You can always stabalise the barrel inside the outer barrel with some wadding to stop it from moving but im not sure why you would want to?

Well, its a famous silenced version of mp5 so having such a big can only for looks would bother me ;) so for realism, but also to lower the fps. And im concerned not only about inner barrel moving but the whole outer barrel.. but that could also be solved by some kind of ring inside silecer that the barrel woud go into. I think there is something like that in real version too.

What you sad make me want this gun more.. :) A rock solid, steel construction mp5, reliable, with hard recoil and decent performance? Damn.. I wanted to buy MWS, but that can wait :D And it would be significantly cheaper from my calculations.. BTW someone has any experience with crownairsoft? 

Edited by airfish

58 minutes ago, airfish said:

Well, its a famous silenced version of mp5 so having such a big can only for looks would bother me ;) so for realism, but also to lower the fps. And im concerned not only about inner barrel moving but the whole outer barrel.. but that could also be solved by some kind of ring inside silecer that the barrel woud go into. I think there is something like that in real version too.

What you sad make me want this gun more.. :) A rock solid, steel construction mp5, reliable, with hard recoil and decent performance? Damn.. I wanted to buy MWS, but that can wait :D And it would be significantly cheaper from my calculations.. BTW someone has any experience with crownairsoft? 

Most of the noise on a gbbcomes from the bolt moving, no matter what can and barrel combo you usr it won't silence it just change the sound a bit.

No outer barrel wobble.

To lower fps there is always the NPAS or run it on abbey 144 that'll bring the power down nicely and npas will allow you to tweak for whatever field you want and make the gun more desirable should you decide to move it on.

The MP5 is great fun and is skirmishable but i wouldnt have one as an only weapon, its fun as hell and performs reasonably well with the ml hop rubber and nub but if youre somewhere where you need more range and consistency then they're not the greatest but the burst fire makes it worth while.

Heres a disassembly video that shows how the hop outer barrel etc fit together 

10 hours ago, Mad-Al said:

Most of the noise on a gbbcomes from the bolt moving, no matter what can and barrel combo you usr it won't silence it just change the sound a bit.

I heard that before, but thats not true. You cant tell the difference from shooters perspective, but with my HK45 Tactical theres at least 40-50% less noise when you're a target  at 30 meters. It won't be as silent as AEG or Mk23, but it makes a difference, and imo, its worth it :)

No outer barrel wobble.

To lower fps there is always the NPAS or run it on abbey 144 that'll bring the power down nicely and npas will allow you to tweak for whatever field you want and make the gun more desirable should you decide to move it on.

But weaker gas means weaker blowback... BTW is there any limitation for gas power? Can it take 12kg gas without problem?

The MP5 is great fun and is skirmishable but i wouldnt have one as an only weapon, its fun as hell and performs reasonably well with the ml hop rubber and nub but if youre somewhere where you need more range and consistency then they're not the greatest but the burst fire makes it worth while.

And thats what its all about. I have TM p90 as my primary, and I'm a bit bored with its simple operation. I'm still curious how effectively this mp5 shoots in full auto? Can all the bbs hit a person at 40 meters, or they go all over the place?

Edited by airfish

2 hours ago, airfish said:

I heard that before, but thats not true. You cant tell the difference from shooters perspective, but with my HK45 Tactical theres at least 40-50% less noise when you're a target  at 30 meters. It won't be as silent as AEG or Mk23, but it makes a difference, and imo, its worth it :)

The HK45 slide is mostly plastic and weights significant less than a WE GBBR bolt. So unless you want to try and fit recoil dampeners in your receiver the bolt slamming back and forth is going to make a hell of a lot of noise no matter what suppressor you have. The noise and the kick however is pretty much the point of a GBBR.

I should have added I had an SDi played with for all of one game da before punting it. Was not impressed how ever it was second hand and I play out doors on Scotland.

2 hours ago, BigStew said:

I should have added I had an SDi played with for all of one game da before punting it. Was not impressed how ever it was second hand and I play out doors on Scotland.

How cold was there?

35 minutes ago, Jossy457 said:

I bought one from a friend few years ago and i never love it, I felt like i wasted my money .

Why?

15/16 degrees not warm but not cold. maybe wrong gas and BB weight but it was slugish and not great range.

I've just bought one myself, and first impressions are favourable. It feels really solid and well made.

I find the mag changes aren't bothersome- maybe because im used to some poor ak mag changes! lol. I've 3 mags for it, that so far feed perfectly.

Gas wise, if the weather has an adverse effect, ill switch over to a hpa'd armorer works drum mag.

I purchased it from zero one- a necessary evil I'm afraid!

I'm not really sure what to compare the mags too? so cant be definite. (picture of it on my instagram: stevesairsoft)

So as a follow up.

I have a TM MWS as my main gun, is easier to use as standard without being too powerful in warm weather, also has better range and accuracy and all round performance.

The TM is also quieter.

The WE MP5 bolt is loud as fuck to be honest with you.

I agree with the sentiment that it is a fun gun to run now and then. I personally use my MWS as my main gun and the MP5 is for short games.

I got a brand new one from KY Airsoft recently, it cam with the open front magazine

yeah, its a loud gun. Louder than my 416!

Just fitted the lfs 20% disc to get it below our 1 joule limit and still has plenty of kick in it.

On 04/06/2021 at 22:01, sjhirst said:

Nope, nothing written on the boxes from what i can see.

I purchased them from milspecsolutions.

I did some research and it seems that they sell it with v1 mags... And i assume that if its no written otherwise, spare mags are also v1. Not 100% sure, but it looks like it, and all pictures on every site show this too much curved mag. Actually its no big deal, at some point it looks kind of better than original😂

16 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

The TM is also quieter.

The WE MP5 bolt is loud as fuck to be honest with you.

I would consider what BigStew said about making dampeners

16 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

I agree with the sentiment that it is a fun gun to run now and then. I personally use my MWS as my main gun and the MP5 is for short games.

Dou you run mp5 completely stock?

One question i have in regards to the mp5 sd- Have you ever tried unscrewing the end caps on the suppressor tube?

It looks like they come off, but im not sure! I'll 3d print some barrel stabilisers for it if so.

Thanks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.