Specna Arms A29p Basic Upgrades

Koyakami

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I saw a similar post before I posted this but the guy was in Italy so the parts was in euros. I'm hoping to find the resource in UK.

So I'm wanting to replace the barrel, bucking and nub for my gun but googling it doesn't bring anything useful regarding my weapon. I've not been airsofting long enough to know the good places to go and such, so wondered if you folks could help me find good parts to replace these bits. My mate got his replaced for his gun (different gun completely) and cost him about £55 in total, so I'm expecting to pay around the same price.

Much appreciated for your help in getting my gun up to the standards I want it to be :)

• Supporters

i'm assuming your goal here is improved range/accuracy?

as a general rule the path to improving things in this regard goes something like:

• clean the barrel (and keep it clean), the little plastic rod a lot of guns come with and a shred of microfibre is good for this, you can also use cigarette filter tips. you wanna be doing this on the regular (read: after/before each game).
  • use good quality ammo, as heavy as your wallet can take for the amount you shoot. generally for an "assault" role outdoors i tend to like the .3g range as a balance between cost and performance. if you're indoors (ie not using the range) then this isn't needed.
  • change of hop rubber, there's a bunch of options out there but my general preference tends to be the maple leaf macaron+omega nub combo for most guns or the PDI W-Hop+standard nub combo for the guns that are fussy about feed lip length.
  • air seal air seal air seal, you want every last molecule of air the piston scoops up to be going down the barrel after the bb and nowhere else, this requires disassembly of the gearbox and potentially swapping parts/more involved tech work.
  • energy, you want to be sure the air seal is good first (this can be measured by how much chrono readings vary/vertical shot dispersion) but make sure it's reasonably close to the site limit, a few fps under isn't going to mean anything but a 0.6j gun on a 1.1j field is gonna struggle.
  • a good quality barrel, there are debates about bore diameter (tight versus wide) but these imo are secondary to overall quality (the consistency of the bore, the inner surface finish, straightness etc), simplest option is to keep to the stock length, on aeg's making a big change in barrel length will mess with the voluming which will be  counter productive unless you adjust the volume to suit.

that's in ascending order of difficulty/cost for the amount of improvement can be netted.

to answer your question more directly, for a uk based supplier i'd be looking at ak2m4, they do the maple leaf combo mentioned for the hop, and their ZCI 6.02 stainless barrels are really good performance for the money.

hop rubber:

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/maple-leaf-macaron-60-aeg

nub (there are aftermarket versions on the site, but i've not tried them):

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/maple-leaf-omega-nub

barrel (i'm roughly guessing the length, measure your existing one to be sure):

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/inner-barrels/zci-inner-barrel-363mm

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.