Frv Tailoring - Anyone Getting Deliveries?

lukeB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 23/07/2021 at 12:55, lukeB said:

Update: was offered a refund 4 weeks ago.  

Had no reply since and no refund.

It's now 5 months since I ordered, having tricked me into cancelling my original pay pal dispute 3 months ago.

Sites:Midlands

You realise FRV are based around Chesterfield right. Not a million miles away to make a visit 😁

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a belt on the 23rd July, I emailed them a few days after asking if it came with the inner belt. I was told the multicam was still out of stock and it must be an error on their site and they’d fix it… seems that they’ve done a few of us over with that one.

I asked for a refund on the 28th July. Chased everyday until I got a response saying “this has been done.” Which it hadn’t. I’ve then chased them three times since with no response. 

opened a PayPal dispute today. 

I would avoid this shambles of a company like the plague. 

Edited by ben3265

• 1 month later...

I know it's a bit of an older thread, but figured I'd post my up to date experience with FRV here. (TLDR: BELT ARRIVED AFTER 23 DAYS)

Ordered a coyote FRV Shooters belt on 1st September 2021.  Didn't chase it as their site stated could be up to 15 working days before delivery.  Yesterday was the 15th working day and I'd had no notification of dispatch or anything. 

I e-mailed them asking for an ETA, and they replied almost immediately saying "So sorry for the delay you are experiencing. We have had delays getting our materials and we are still waiting for them to arrive from the states"

I replied to that one asking if they knew how much longer it would be, and that if it was gonna be more than 30 days from purchase date (gives them until Thursday 30th Sep) then I'd rather have a refund.  I also reminded them that it was showing as in stock when I bought it, and still shows as in stock now.  They responded again almost immediately saying "Your order will be shipping this week so you should receive your order by Friday."

2 hours later I got a dispatch e-mail, and the belt arrived today.  I hadn't paid by paypal so hadn't opened any kind of dispute, but I do feel that if I hadn't e-mailed to chase, then I might not have received it yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2021 at 17:07, Hatchet said:

Urgh, kind of wish I'd read this earlier. I'm about 3 weeks into an order that was "in stock", so we shall see what happens.

Good luck pal. I ordered my shooters belt on 25 October, also listed as in stock. 

Emailed them after the 15 business days had expired to ask for an update, and after a few days I received a reply saying they were expecting a delivery of buckles and would contact their supplier and keep me up to date. That was 15 Nov. Really tempted to cancel and go for the C2R belt, despite it being almost three times the price. 

• 3 weeks later...

Made the mistake of ordering from frv ..... there shite customer service and comms are poor won't be ordering off them again ..... they seem like an admin nightmare they need to get it sorted

Edited by Dazzy3p

3 hours ago, Dazzy3p said:

Made the mistake of ordering from frv ..... there shite customer and comms are poor won't be ordering off them again ..... they seem like an admin nightmare they need to get it sorted

Real shame as the products are decent. I cancelled my order over the weekend and asked for a refund. Still waiting for that after four days but I'm sure it'll happen soon 🤥 Going to go for the C2R Fast as a Christmas present to myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after 7weeks waiting and 10 + emails nothing not a single reply I'll be nipping into the bank this morning and sorting out a charge back ..... what an absolute shit show.... these types of business don't deserve customers.....🤯

Yep. Still waiting for my refund. Can't be arsed chasing them.anymore. PayPal dispute going in. 

Ordered the C2R belt at 1110 today. At 1152 received an email saying it's shipped. That's how it should be done 🤜

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Sated said:

As of just recently, all of us staff at FRV have been put on a Zero Hour Contract (because of a 'lack of work'), so good luck getting your orders any time soon, guys and girls. 

The main problem that stemmed with you guys getting your belts quickly was a complete lack of buckles - The lead time on them was ridiculous (something like 16 weeks), as supplies of said buckles are usually made to order, and with Covid, supplies have been limited in that regard. It doesn't help that they only employed around 10 staff to have all the work done. 

Doesn't help you guys get your orders, but though I'd try to shed at least some light onto what's happening over there.

Why lie to people telling them there orders will be with them in a couple of weeks, honesty would probly have been the best policy rather than piss people off and ignore them.....

20 hours ago, Dazzy3p said:

Why lie to people telling them there orders will be with them in a couple of weeks, honesty would probly have been the best policy rather than piss people off and ignore them.....

1 word.  Cashflow.  They get to make it look to the bank that there is money coming into the business.  Personally, I would start looking for another job if I worked there, the signs aren't good.

• Supporters
On 14/01/2022 at 20:03, Sated said:

As of just recently, all of us staff at FRV have been put on a Zero Hour Contract (because of a 'lack of work'), so good luck getting your orders any time soon, guys and girls.

Thank you for letting us know, and I'm sorry to hear that.

To be honest, I'd got the impression that FRV was some one-man bedroom operation being done on the side.  It's both surprising and disappointing to hear that employees are losing out as well as customers.  It does smack rather of moribund thinking from the owner, and I hope things improve for you.

It’s a shame, because the quality of FRV products is solid. I have their range belt and it’s one of the best pieces of my gear, second only to my Magpul MS3 Gen2 sling. I wanted a duffel bag from them, but reading this topic has made me look elsewhere.

If anyone has any recommendation for a similar quality gear made in the UK, please do let us know here. I do hope the owner of the biz gets a grip on reality and maybe invests in some business management courses or gets external help quickly. Otherwise I don’t see much future in the way things are run there right now.

I have an FRV shooters belt from a couple of years ago, last November I noticed that one of the stitches on the MOLLE section had come away. I sent them some photos, exchanged a couple of emails and returned the belt. A few days later it is back with me and repaired free of charge. 

Seems I was lucky given that fulfilling new orders is such a struggle now. Given the developments in technology and materials and the experiences of those on this thread I would be looking at a C2R now!

I got a charge back from the bank as I was unable to make contact with Frv they wouldn't answer emails or calls....  I've purchased from deadly customs instead.....

I still hadn't received any word (or money) back from FRV, despite the apology email and promise of a refund before Christmas. PayPal dispute submitted last week and the refund notification came through yesterday.

While the situation and length of time it took to resolve has pissed me off, I wouldn't have bought the C2R belt without it, which is fantastic and the service was exemplary. So, you know, trying to put a silver-lining on it and I think I have 😆

Looks like i"ll be putting in a refund as well. Ordered belt in Nov 21 and after chasing up i had two emails one this week saying next week blah blah blah. Will wait one week then start refund process. 

And people wonder why i buy my gear from Hong Kong, USA or Europe and not the UK(except AK2M4 and Bullseye Country). 

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered some flat admin bags from them (for kit organisation) on the 27th November. Not heard a peep since, and have sent 2 chase emails.

Friend of mine ordered on the same day and did ended up getting a Paypal refund. Unfortunately (and because I've bought from them before so trusted them), I used Apple Pay so I'm going to have to raise a dispute via my credit card instead 🙄

There a loads of good kit makers around now so definitely send them your business instead!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.