Frv Tailoring - Anyone Getting Deliveries?

lukeB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So this is another retailer moan thread.

Ordered an FRV belt back in February, over 3 months later I'm still waiting.  

No replies via email or Facebook in the last 4 weeks, tried a few times on the phone but didn't get anyone to pick up.

They are still taking orders and peoples money but it doesn't look like they are dispatching anything in recent months.

Product is great (I have an existing frv belt in black), but from the outside it doesn't even look like they are still trading.

Definitely one to avoid.

Edited by lukeB

• Supporters

Yep, as Mik has said, start a dispute before it's too late, & if they are still trading, likely to spur them on to get your kit out to you.

Keep us updated please, always good to let others know the end result.

Thanks & good luck 👍

I remember my belt took AGES and communication was terrible. Cannot fault the product though. Such a shame things seem to have got worse 

I ordered two things from them (a shooter belt and then a 1" inner belt about 7/8 months later), both items got posted within 4 days of ordering 😕

Also, weren't they moving to a new facility a few months ago?

I placed an order a month ago and have not heard anything despite chasing them via email. I guess it is time to raise a PayPal dispute. Such a shame given the reputation of the product itself.

35 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

ye i placed an order 9th may............. might start a paypal dispute soon...

Any other alternatives?

Midnight lynch party?

No,no only joking make it 9pm lol

1 minute ago, AK47frizzle said:

aha meant the alternative for belts

My bad 😳

9 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

Any other alternatives for good belts?

Cellar gear, tacbelts-uk, templars I guess

I think I waiting nearly 2 weeks for my order to turn up. Got a shooters belt, sling, belt pouch and a bag. Extremely impressed with the quality!

I'll throw in what I'm experiencing with FRV. Ordered a belt, sling and harness about 6 weeks ago then started seeing all the bad reviews start to appear. Contacted them and heard nothing back, like they just dropped of the face of the earth, got cold feet and paypal disputed the order. Now I'm in a weird position of having got my refund on the 5th then suddenly I'm gettiing a text and e-mail from FRV saying that my order has been shipped today!? 

Well.......this is kinda awkward now.

1 minute ago, Ramau said:

I'll throw in what I'm experiencing with FRV. Ordered a belt, sling and harness about 6 weeks ago then started seeing all the bad reviews start to appear. Contacted them and heard nothing back, like they just dropped of the face of the earth, got cold feet and paypal disputed the order. Now I'm in a weird position of having got my refund on the 5th then suddenly I'm gettiing a text and e-mail from FRV saying that my order has been shipped today!? 

Well.......this is kinda awkward now.

Winner winner chicken dinner lol.

But of course if you get your items you must straight away send the money or........😉

Regards 

Got that little evil side of me wanting to keep quite about it, lol.

If it shows up I'll try contacting them to sort it out, if they'll even pick up the phone 😏

So after waiting over a month and getting no response to any of my emails I mentioned I would raise a PayPal dispute. Low and behold I get an email letting me know they are having trouble getting the multicam material and offering an alternative (even though it was listed as in stock) I accepted the alternative but have heard nothing back for yet another week. No sign of any delivery. I asked for a refund last week but as expected have heard nothing o today I have raised that PayPal dispute.  Does not matter how good the product is, this sort of service and performance is not acceptable.

Well, after raising the PayPal claim they finally sent my order. It is a shame though that it took the claim for them to actually send it after nearly 2 months. While the belt is very good I will not be doing business with FRV again.

When I raised my dispute, they said I was the next order to go out, so I foolishly closed it. 

PayPal don’t want to know now, I may never see the belt or money again.

Edited by lukeB

If the seller is being unreasonable you can always take steps to address this. Learn what you can do here: Consumer rights - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).

As for FRV Tailoring themselves, last time I ordered was about 2 years ago, and they served me promptly. I'm not sure what's going on but their communication used to be on point. I guess their customer service must have take a covid-induced hit recently.

I assume you've tried emailing and calling, as well as approaching them on social media? Poor communication is not an excuse for them to be ghosting people, even if they are in the process of shifting to new facilities.

• 1 month later...

Update: was offered a refund 4 weeks ago.  

Had no reply since and no refund.

It's now 5 months since I ordered, having tricked me into cancelling my original pay pal dispute 3 months ago.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, lukeB said:

having tricked me into cancelling my original pay pal dispute 3 months ago

Aw, chap, no.  I guess this is a salient lesson that once you reach the point of initiating a dispute, the only acceptable resolution is a refund.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.