Berkshire Newbie

Madhouse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, just signed up and figured I’d say hi 👋 

Never played Airsoft before but it’s always been on my to-do list so I’ve decided there’s no time like the present!

Played plenty of paintball and Airsoft looks like a real step-up.

Quite a few skirmish locations near me which is great, just need to sweet-talk Mrs M into a regular weekend pass as it’d be great to get UKARA membership and my own kit.

Hope you’re all out and playing this weekend! 

Hi Madhouse and er welcome, to the Madhouse. 

Also welcome to the madhouse. This could get very confusing 🤔 but essentially welcome to the madhouse,Madhouse.👋

Whole world of difference from paint,paint well what you said(shudder) lol.

Watch some gameplay on @GAMBLE's yt channel. You will get some great tips and info there. 

Enjoy 👍

Regards 

😂 Mrs M already says I've too many hobbies, but that's impossible right?

Our boys aren't old enough for it yet but they want to go and I'm totally using it as an excuse to go more myself. Thing is, dad-rules apply too, my kit needs to be better than theirs - this could get expensive ........

Hi @Madhouse! 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting started in this hobby, watch your bank account and hopefully all goes well with your Mrs and kids?🤞👍

Agree with the people on here:

🔫😎👍

@EDcase

@Shamal (thanks for the mention!)

@GenuineGerman

@Johnyboy1976

Hopefully get a game in soon, I’m a Berkshire player? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Edited by GAMBLE

1 hour ago, Madhouse said:

Our boys aren't old enough for it yet but they want to go and I'm totally using it as an excuse to go more myself. Thing is, dad-rules apply too, my kit needs to be better than theirs - this could get expensive ........

Welcome aboard & keeping “Mrs M” happy is also my problem with my Mrs M, but all I say “if I have a project or prepping I’m in the mancave so you can watch your ‘piffel’ but I do neeeeeed that X item tho”

Lockdown's been a nightmare, used to get stuff delivered to work and sneak it in .... "this old thing? I've had it ages ...." 😉

Already had a look at your YT channel @gamble and I think we share the same local site, so hopefully I'll bump into you soon 👍

Hi @Madhouse! 👋

I mainly play on Sunday’s, so let me know when your next down and hopefully meet up for your first game or another time? 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

On 28/05/2021 at 20:08, Madhouse said:

These days you can get superb gear for cheap. Back in the day getting Airsoft gun was just the tip of the iceberg of expenses. Nowadays cheap guns exist that absolutely blow everything out of the water and require no modifications bar the initial maintenance. Multitude of mags, parts, gear and clothing good enough for Airsoft that won't break the bank. I would say 250-300quid all in brand new is enough to put you on even playing field with extreme majority of players out there (assuming no sidearm - these are more for fun rather than actual function and gas magazines are quite expensive).

That being said if you're hoarder your wallet will cry every time you look in it's general direction. You don't need all that extra shit everyone is getting... but as everyone here knows all to damn well "needs" pale in comparison to "wants" 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome fellow Berkshire-er (is that a word? can we make it a word?)
There's a couple of great sites in Berkshire area, whereabouts do you live?

Me and some of the others on the forum go to Skirmish Wycombe quite often, if you ever need some cannon fodder to join you, let me know

Am about as west as you can get without being in Hampshire - Newbury.

Currently navigating the diary nightmare that is having two kids that play football at the weekend (roll on the summer break). Could really do with a midweek skirmish if anyone knows of such a thing - just not Thursdays, that’s bike night. (I know I have a local CQB in town, just happens to be Thursday night though!).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.