I See Novritsch Has Noticed These Forums Then....

Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

is it bad that i didn't even notice?

think i forgot to whitelist this place after my last rampage of installing every damn adblocker i could so i could read the 4 lines of meaningful text that constitutes a news article these days.

• Root Admin

There shouldn't be two banners in the header though (fixed) and there's now a slight white overlay on the light theme (dark on the dark) to assist with reading stuff.

They've bought out the background for a week. Mostly a test at this point.

Sadly it appears as though I can't nuke the advert without losing the forum for some reason. It's a pain in the arse as it's not far of being blinding... let alone the fact that I can't stand Nobritsch.

Normally I use the dark theme to aid in readability but as it stands I guess I'll be reducing my visits until this is resolved as it's rather uncomfortable on the eyes.

Edited by FreeFrag.UK

I see the opacity of the image has been dropped, a bit easier on the eyes now, but it's still shit. 

I get why you've done it - forums are not free to operate, but my god I've got to find a way to browser-block it. I hate that if I accidentally click anywhere on the forums Novritsch's page pops up. Not cool.

• Root Admin

The hotspot areas should only be in the margins. I have excluded them from the sides of the forums.

I was pretty concerned about this being the case on mobile, so there should be no margins there at all. Is this not the case?

hotspots.jpg

Agreed on the central portion. Honestly wasn't expecting something so verbose right in the middle of the screen. If it were done again I think I'd have this area excluded entirely.

• Root Admin
9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tell a lie, think it just took a while to update.

did he really pay us to use a german (austrian?) banner on a uk forum?

They've provided an English one. I was just too slow to upload it.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, proffrink said:

They've provided an English one. I was just too slow to upload it.

fair enough, thought it might have been intentional and by extension amusing :P

1 minute ago, GenuineGerman said:

If it generates revenue to keep the forum up and running why not.

Oh, I agree

But it looks so gopping.

Not too bad on Tablet/Phone - it's just weird smudges of colour in the background. But on desktop it's a dogs dinner.

But if it's only for a week we can live with it if it helps the forum out. They're certainly getting the clicks from me, I think I've opened Nov's website a dozen times already by mistake.

2 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

While I have no issue with ad's it becomes an issue when it impacts the usability and accessibility of the forum.

I only really use the forum on mobile except when I’m at work (oops 😜) lol. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.