Complete Noob, Never Played Airsoft but Looking to Get Into it

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I will just throw things that I've seen on Classifieds that IMHO are good purchase - full disclaimer, I do not know any of these people. Brand new doesn't necessarily mean trouble free. Just remember to ALWAYS do transactions through PayPal and paying for product or service (NOT FAMILY AND FRIENDS), if someone wants a bank transfer - just avoid it.

At 250gbp, 2018 version ASG CZ Scorpion EVO3 allegedly used only 2 times, with 2 batteries, extra mags and accesories is in my opinion a steal - brand new gun with 1 mag and no extras (which are 20gbp each give or take) sells for 319gbp (and you need UKARA). 2020 version to my knowledge has just updated electronics (which can be purchased separately as an upgrade, would you so desire). EVO is considered one of best AEGs out of the box and is often appearing in recommendations for new and veteran players alike - it's a proven construction with long track record of reliability. It's quirk is a system implemented, that some either love or hate, that stops fire on empty mag and require pressing bolt catch release after loading new mag in to be able to shoot again. Great for that realism factor, bad for fast reloads if you're not used to it... also most seasoned airsoft players immediately assume their gun just broke when it stops firing :D

ASG CZ Scorpion EVO 3 A1 - Electric Rifles - Airsoft Forums UK (airsoft-forums.uk)

It's great at a distance, can fold stock to be even more compact for tight CQB action, it's lightweight due to it's polymer construction while not being fantasy gun (like G&G ARP9), it's one of the few airsoft replicas created in collaboration with manufacturer of the real firearm. As a matter of fact I have my very own 2nd hand EVO arriving today :)

------

If you're into tacticool M4s, this is also a great RIF:

HERA ARMS CQR - Prefired

Comes with built in SSS mosfet that brings pre-cocking for that crisp semi-auto trigger response, spring release on switching fire selector to "safe" and gearbox diagnostics (so when gun shits the bed mid game you can have rough idea of what's the issue), can switch full auto to 3rd burst, has ICS signature split gearbox for easier maintenance and quick change spring - comes with HERA ARMS licensed furniture which is an acquired taste.

Gambit’s Guide: How To Configure Your HERA ARMS CQR – RedWolf TV - YouTube

Edited by ziCk_

7 hours ago, ziCk_ said:

I will just throw things that I've seen on Classifieds that IMHO are good purchase - full disclaimer, I do not know any of these people. Brand new doesn't necessarily mean trouble free. Just remember to ALWAYS do transactions through PayPal and paying for product or service (NOT FAMILY AND FRIENDS), if someone wants a bank transfer - just avoid it.

At 250gbp, 2018 version ASG CZ Scorpion EVO3 allegedly used only 2 times, with 2 batteries, extra mags and accesories is in my opinion a steal - brand new gun with 1 mag and no extras (which are 20gbp each give or take) sells for 319gbp (and you need UKARA). 2020 version to my knowledge has just updated electronics (which can be purchased separately as an upgrade, would you so desire). EVO is considered one of best AEGs out of the box and is often appearing in recommendations for new and veteran players alike - it's a proven construction with long track record of reliability. It's quirk is a system implemented, that some either love or hate, that stops fire on empty mag and require pressing bolt catch release after loading new mag in to be able to shoot again. Great for that realism factor, bad for fast reloads if you're not used to it... also most seasoned airsoft players immediately assume their gun just broke when it stops firing :D

ASG CZ Scorpion EVO 3 A1 - Electric Rifles - Airsoft Forums UK (airsoft-forums.uk)

It's great at a distance, can fold stock to be even more compact for tight CQB action, it's lightweight due to it's polymer construction while not being fantasy gun (like G&G ARP9), it's one of the few airsoft replicas created in collaboration with manufacturer of the real firearm. As a matter of fact I have my very own 2nd hand EVO arriving today :)

What mags fit that? My chest rig fits either ak or m4 mags which is why I'm leaving towards m4/l85a2. Plus I want an assault rifle not an smg, the only small I like is the mp5 so may get a jg one down the line.

3 hours ago, Joe Edwards said:

What mags fit that? My chest rig fits either ak or m4 mags which is why I'm leaving towards m4/l85a2.

Plus I want an assault rifle not an smg, the only small I like is the mp5 so may get a jg one down the line.

It has it's own mags - if you have loose pouch with flaps for m4/ak you can easily hold two inside, if it's tight mag pouch then I guess you're out of luck... that being said I hold my MP7 mags in M4 sleeves no problem - it's only a problem when mag is larger than the pouch :P 

Btw. mine arrived just now - the only thing different from stock is CNC trigger, otherwise stock performance on 11.1v :P

Brrrrt - YouTube

If you like MP5 new tacticool series from CYMA are GREAT straight out of the box.

CM.041L Upgraded Version [CYMA] | Mini Review and 50m Test [5K] - YouTube

Edited by ziCk_

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Joe Edwards said:

A little update to my thread as I've not posted anything for ages, played 4 games as a rental, 4th game landed on day 56 for my ukara on Sunday 1st August, ukara was sorted on that day and then boom, ordered myself a modify xtc g1 ms from patrol base.20210803_184506.thumb.jpg.0341bb659844342b0dc2dd35f77602d0.jpg

Im looking at the cqb one for myself... 

• Supporters

Nice one, let's have a look at that Modify...

The Modify XTC-G1-MS Rifle is an AR Platform Airsoft Electric Gun from the future. A future where Airsoft Guns come out of the box with precisely engineered external parts, carefully selected high performance internal parts, assembled with care and attention and just generally well thought through from start to finish.

Well that's some big talk, I wonder how they back it up.

CNC machined Anti Reversal Latch (with a secured spring that won't fall off during removal) [...] Cable Routing Slots inside the Pistol Grip 

<shut-up-and-take-my-money.png>

Interesting that they've gone with a 6.1mm widebore instead of a tightbore.  I wonder what sort of spring has been put in it and what energy you'll see.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Nice one, let's have a look at that Modify...

Well that's some big talk, I wonder how they back it up.

<shut-up-and-take-my-money.png>

Interesting that they've gone with a 6.1mm widebore instead of a tightbore.  I wonder what sort of spring has been put in it and what energy you'll see.

FB860EE0-1067-4F4A-90B5-9171312E8672.thumb.png.ad44520d1e9c8cd66e79d32c8b342d66.png

Sorry if its not allowed to post prints from stores...

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2021 at 12:41, EDcase said:

Glad you made it Joe 👍

That's certainly an impressive RIF.  Hope it works well for you.

Thanks mate, I've yet to take it to a game until tomorrow, going to see what the fps is like, I have 3 springs to take with me, all made by guarder a sp90, sp100 and sp110. Already got a few modify improved hop rubbers and a maintenence kit from novritsch. Done a small test shoot with it on semi and full auto and I'm very pleased with it, very little deviation in the bbs at 20m. Tomorrow will be a better test of how it shoots as it will be used in its first game.

How did the modify perform joe? 😁 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2021 at 21:21, GAMBLE said:

Hi @Joe Edwards! 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting started, make sure to let us know how it goes? 🤞👍

I agree with the others on here:

@EDcase

@GenuineGerman

@Shamal

🔫😎👍

Have a channel aimed at beginners, see what you think and hopefully helps? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

@GAMBLEI have seen you post this a couple of times.

Can you point me to your channel please?

On 21/05/2021 at 18:25, EDcase said:

Welcome Joe

Boots look fine 👍

You can find cheaper with army surplus but probably won't have the zip.

Is Army Surplus an actual store or a generalisation of surplus stores?

I have googled it but don’t get a specific one.

Closest was armynavystores.co.uk

7 hours ago, AirsoftRich said:

Is Army Surplus an actual store or a generalisation of surplus stores?

I have googled it but don’t get a specific one.

Closest was armynavystores.co.uk

General term meaning unused or issued kit that's released for sale.  (As well as reproductions)

A few common ones are:

https://www.militarymart.co.uk/collections/boots

https://forcesuniformandkit.co.uk/collections/footwear-all

https://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-footwear/army-boots-shoes.html

But these will work too:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/apache-polaris-safety-boots-black-size-10/285kv

https://www.screwfix.com/p/site-elbert-safety-trainer-boots-brown-size-9/389fh

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.