Places to Buy HPA Remote Line

Spartan09

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title suggests, im looking for places to buy a new HPA remote line, or at the very least connector at the gun end.

I have a tippmann M4V2, and was using a Ninja remote line with slide check. At the end of my last game day, after running for a short period using pistol and grenades, i reconnected the line to my gun, only for it to leak air around the union. The leak was so bad that the gun was unusable.  I swapped the union on the gun, as it looked to have burrs around where the union locks into it, but its still leaking.

What i am looking for is:

- remote line, ideally with slide check or similar so i can quickly detach the line without turning off the bottle if i need to drop to sidearm

- decent brand

- preferrably under £40

- is in stock with a UK seller

Not fussed over microbore or wide bore

Alternatively, anywhere i could source a replacement adapter for the ninja line (gun end)

20210518_100530.jpg

20210518_100510.jpg

18 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

As the title suggests, im looking for places to buy a new HPA remote line, or at the very least connector at the gun end.

I have a tippmann M4V2, and was using a Ninja remote line with slide check. At the end of my last game day, after running for a short period using pistol and grenades, i reconnected the line to my gun, only for it to leak air around the union. The leak was so bad that the gun was unusable.  I swapped the union on the gun, as it looked to have burrs around where the union locks into it, but its still leaking.

What i am looking for is:

- remote line, ideally with slide check or similar so i can quickly detach the line without turning off the bottle if i need to drop to sidearm

- decent brand

- preferrably under £40

- is in stock with a UK seller

Not fussed over microbore or wide bore

Alternatively, anywhere i could source a replacement adapter for the ninja line (gun end)

20210518_100530.jpg

20210518_100510.jpg

Some airsoft retailers, and definitely paintball retailers, a few did have the component parts ... I’ll have a look around in a minute ....

There are a few remote line options, but not many listing the parts:

Just have the slide check on it’s own: (without the male/female connector)

https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/products/ninja-slide-check-valve?_pos=1&_sid=6258831b9&_ss=r

If you search ‘remote’ on them all it will give you some choices, a few of the ‘better’ brands are over your £40, but there are others below.

https://shop.super5ives.com

https://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Remote

You can also get slide checks via eBay, but I would be wary of them on build quality - it was common to get a tiny bit of burring inside the slide which would cut the o-ring and leak.

Beware of accidentally getting a ProConnect style connection.  This is a better system that self seals on disconnection but uses a totally different type male nipple - you could convert if you wanted to but it’s a big long fitting at risk of damage.

Is your leak at the final connector or the slide check?

If at the slide check then it will be an o-ring.

But I’m guessing from your post that it’s at the final connection.  That has a slight possibility of being an o-ring inside the female, but is most likely to be wear & need replacing.

If you call the above retailers then they can probably sort you for the component parts even when it’s not listed.

If you’re getting nowhere then I’d recommend importing via Palmers rather than random ebays etc :

https://palmerspursuit.com

Edited by Tommikka

On 18/05/2021 at 11:04, Tommikka said:

There are a few remote line options, but not many listing the parts:

Thank you for the links, will give them a browse.

And i was going to avoid ebay specials anyway...   definately dont want a high pressure line blowing up in my face  XD

On 18/05/2021 at 11:04, Tommikka said:

Is your leak at the final connector or the slide check?

If at the slide check then it will be an o-ring.

But I’m guessing from your post that it’s at the final connection.  That has a slight possibility of being an o-ring inside the female, but is most likely to be wear & need replacing.

Yeah, its leaking from the final connection.  I stripped the line down and PTFE taped all threads, and when line is pressurised but not connected to the gun its fine, but if i connect it to the gun, even with the spare union fitted, it leaks.

I even took the circlip off and stripped the slide check to make sure it wasnt an o ring inside gone, and there were no burrs on the slide check body or nicks in the o rings.

Im just annoyed that the coupling and line have only lasted me 3 or 4 game days... i would expect the line to last longer than that...

Plus i have no idea why the union on my gun got such burrs from the connection on the line. (Photo included for ref)

20210519_231635.jpg

Edited by Spartan09
Typos

10 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Plus i have no idea why the union on my gun got such burrs from the connection on the line. (Photo included for ref)

20210519_231635.jpg

That wear isn’t a problem in itself.

The metal of the male nipple is softer than the metal BBs in the female socket.

((Unless of course it gets so bad that the connectors don’t match properly))

This would replace your socket

https://palmerspursuit.com/products/female-disconnect-to-1-8-npt-foster

But there may still be just a small o-ring inside the female socket causing the problem. If it’s still in situ then consider a little grease or oil* on it to help the seal. It will be the one at about 0:30 in the video below

* not WD40 etc as it could eat the o-ring and make the problem worse.

Ideally use something silicone based.

Noting that oil and high pressure air should not be mixed.  

Keep oils away from the 3000psi inputs of the cylinder as that risks contamination inside and a potentially very nasty flash fill failure accident 

Output pressures can have appropriate lubrication on the fittings

aha...    having watched the video again (when not half asleep after work)  it looks like the problem is that i am missing the o ring inside the final connector...   will try and source a new one and try again over the next week or so 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.