do You Post Wanted Ads Here, and If So, do You Get Hits on Them?

Lollingsgrad

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just curious; I've been trying to get into the habit of posting a wanted ad when I think I'm going to be getting something to try and save a bit of cash. I've never gotten a response on them though, possibly because I'm cheap. Do you use the wanted section and have you been successful getting what you want from it?

Can’t say I’ve ever got something directly from a wanted ad, granted wanted ads tend to be for very specific/rare items so tend to be a stab in the dark anyway. I did get a few messages from folks when I had a wanted listing for an MWS but decided not to go for any of them in the end.

I’ve definitely seen others post wanted ads, and then the exact item/RIF they’re after gets listed shortly after... so perhaps they can function as a final nudge of ‘I don’t use this so I’ll list it because it’s worth something’ to would be sellers.

The main ‘risk’ with wanted ads is to be wary of potential scammers. By openly saying what you want you’re putting all your cards on the table for someone who could try and pull a fast one... so that’s another reason that folks may opt for creating a listing rather than directly messaging the person asking.

The wanted ads most commonly marked as complete tend to be for parts, and imagine that’s where they’re most effective. Most folks have bits boxes full of shite that is precisely what someone else is looking for.

Edited by alxndrhll

I've had mixed results. Over the past year or so, I've put up wanted ads for:

P90

Ak74u

(These 2 had zero hits and I ended up getting what I wanted by messaging other people who had ads up)

M4/mk18 - had a few hits but none that quite met my specs or price ranges. Ended up getting one by messaging someone who had an ad.

WE G33 - I got approached by someone who saw my m4 ad for sale and we did a part ex.

I also put ads for an l86 and acr for sale. Both got a sale/trade fairly quickly.

• Supporters

I’ve only ever put three wanted adds up AND I got a hit on all three in under a week 😳, one of which was the fine mr EDcase above ! 👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.